- All American Dog Registry
- American Dog Breeders Association, The largest registry of American Pit Bull Terriers
- Short for \"aggressive.\"
- A sport offered by various clubs and registries in which dogs run through a timed obstacle course.
- American Kennel Club, an all-breed registry which recognizes the American Staffordshire Terrier and the Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
AMB or AMBOR
- Acronyms for a mixed breed dog. AMBOR is American Mixed Breed Obedience Registry.
American Pit Bull Terrier
- The American game bred fighting dog, bred from the original Bulldog. Used for baiting, fighting, and hunting in England, Ireland, Spain and Scotland.
American Staffordshire Terrier
- A separate show version of the American Pit Bull Terrier.
- American Pit Bull Terrier
- Animal Rights
- American Staffordshire Terrier
Blue - A dilution of the black coloration, which appears as various shades of gray.
- Used to describe the ideal temperament for the breed. Courageous, friendly, sound, never fearful or human-aggressive.
-  A designated containment area for the matching of dogs, used in a historical sense
- A round or wedge shaped stick used for the parting of fighting dogs
- A coat color resembling stripes. Can come in many shades (red brindle, blue brindle, mahogany brindle, chocolate brindle, etc.)
- English Bull Terrier, aka \"Spuds McKenzie\" dog.
- The sport of attacking bulls with dogs
- A nickname for the American Pit Bull Terrier
- Back yard breeder, an inexperienced breeder, One who breeds for the wrong reasons.
- A dog used for catching large wild game
- A heavyweight dog
- Canine Good Citizen. A title offered by the American Kennel Club for basic manners and obedience.
- Champion. Either a dog who has won a set amount of points in the show ring, or historically, a dog who won 3 contract matches.
- The weight of a dog right off a chain or from it\'s everyday living
- The process of eliminating undesirable characteristics
- An inferior dog, an APBT
that gives up, one who lacks gameness
- Dog aggressive, typical trait of the APBT
- A type of mange, typically passed on from parent to offspring.
- A dog\'s desire or propensity for a certain thing. (ie, toy drive, play drive, prey drive, defense drive)
- A \"fishing pole\" type toy used to exercise a dog. Generally a long pole of PVC or wood with a rope dangling off the end, to which a toy or hide can be attached.
- The quality in APBTs which causes them to keep going, no matter how hurt or beaten they are. The instinct to never quit, at all costs.
- Grand Champion. Either a dog who has won a set amount of points in the show ring, or historically, a dog who won 5 contract matches.
- Human aggression, an undesired \"flaw\"
- Term used to describe the power of a bite
- A contract fight between two opponents of the same weight (usually)
- Usually means to remove a male\'s reproductive organs, but can technically be used for both male and female procedures.
Piebald or Pied
- A coat pattern where large spots of color are dispersed on a white coat. Sometimes called cow-spotted or moo moo pattern.
- General term used to describe the AST, APBT
- \"Personal protection\", associated with the personal protection phase of Schutzhund
- aka pinch collar. A training collar with \"prongs\" that face in to the dog\'s neck, and pinch when the dog pulls.
- \"Put to sleep\" or euthanize.
- A color where the dog shows a red, copper or liver-colored nose. Can appear on various coat colors such as fawn, red, chocolate, brindle, etc. Usually paired with hazel, green, yellow, or other light-colored eyes. This color is acceptable in the APBT
, but frowned on in the AST and SBT.
- Also called a \"kennel club,\" a registering body which sanctions dog events and offers \"papers\" on purebred dogs.
- A brief, informal fight, used to evaluate a young dog\'s desire to fight
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- (German for \"protection dog\") tests dogs of all breeds for the traits necessary for police-type work, tracking, obedience, and personal protection type training
- To remove a female\'s reproductive organs
- A type of toy used to exercise and condition dogs. Usually attached to a tree limb, free-standing post, or maybe the side of a house. A bite surface -- such as a hide, tug toy, burlap sack, tire, etc. -- is attached to rope, which is attached to a spring or bike innertube, which is in turn mounted to some secure surface.
- Temperament test. Also a title offered by the American Temperament Test Society.
UKC - United Kennel Club, an all-breed registry which recognizes the APBT
- A dental condition where the dog\'s lower incisors meet in front of the upper ones. Seen in Boxers, Bulldogs, mastiff breeds, and others. A fault in the APBT
, AmStaff and Staffybull.
(WP) - A sport offered by various clubs and registries, in which dogs pull loaded carts or sleds in competition.
- Purple ribbon-bred. Not a title, but a designation that shows a dog has had 3 generations of ancestors registered with the United Kennel Club.