Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some reassurance that my dog is ok while im at work. he is in a 10x10x6 kennel with a cover and plenty of shade but every once in a while i will come home and he will have dug dirt into his water bowl so he cant drink it:hammer:. anyone else have this problem? he has been fine so far but i just saw on the news that it is going to be 100+ degrees all this week:(

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
install some misters .. lol.. elevate his water bowl .. got any plastic crates.. put a hole in the bottom of one and set in it there

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
could put a small pool in there like the hard plastic ones,or as my girl likes sand lol get a lil sand box and fill with wet sand she digs in the boys sandbox all the time and lays down lol . but yes as ceelint said misters would be good too

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
install some misters .. lol.. elevate his water bowl .. got any plastic crates.. put a hole in the bottom of one and set in it there
i dont know why i didnt think of this:hammer:. ive been putting it in his dog house cause he doesnt use that lol.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
could put a small pool in there like the hard plastic ones,or as my girl likes sand lol get a lil sand box and fill with wet sand she digs in the boys sandbox all the time and lays down lol . but yes as ceelint said misters would be good too
:goodpost: I would elevate his water bowels like clint said.And like angel said I would also get a small plastic kiddie pool for him to go in.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
I took a 55 gallon drum plastic. And.cut it into thirds.. using the top and bottom as giant water bowls.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Put your dog in the house o__O I keep my dogs in air conditioning all day while I'm at work.
Shouldn't be necessary. If he implements what the others are telling him he could save himself the power bills and his dog will be fine. Not everybody has indoor dogs.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I do the same as Rudy.. I cut a 55 gal barrel in half and use it as a water bowl.. its big enough and deep enough they can get in and sit in it when it gets to hot! Since it stays full I don't have to worry about them dumping it out... I totally understand about the heat, and it is a constant worry.. I have sprinklers that I put on during the day just as an extra precaution!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Put your dog in the house o__O I keep my dogs in air conditioning all day while I'm at work.
well my female stays inside all day cause i can trust her to not eat everything in sight but smokey is still a pup and as soon as my wife and i leave him alone for a minute our shoes are the first victims lol. so he cant stay inside yet.

I do the same as Rudy.. I cut a 55 gal barrel in half and use it as a water bowl.. its big enough and deep enough they can get in and sit in it when it gets to hot! Since it stays full I don't have to worry about them dumping it out... I totally understand about the heat, and it is a constant worry.. I have sprinklers that I put on during the day just as an extra precaution!
i know this weather sucks and we still have 4 more months of it to go. the kiddie pool idea i thought of but i also was thinking if i put one in there than he doesnt have much room to use the restroom away from where he lays or walks around:(. and the sprinkler idea is out of the equation because we have a watering ban due to the drought:(:(.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Well when it is that hot I let the dogs out in the morning and bring them in for the heat of the day. Your pup does not have to run the house put him in a crate and he will be fine. When it is not over a 100 I put kiddy pools in the dogs runs but some dogs will not go in them. Misters work great but a crate inside is cheaper and a good idea for those hot 100+ days ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts