Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had diesel weight and he is 10lbs hes nearly 9 weeks old, is this a small size or about right for his age??

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Sounds good to me. When I went and picked up my UKC boy (RIP), he was 9 wks old and 11 lbs, so you're right on track.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou, what food do you recommend? i have been feeding him purina puppy beta is this food good for him

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
This is a very common subject here. But mostly any food you can buy at your local Walmart or grocery store, target etc is not GOOD food.. Is it BAD for your puppy? Not neccisarily. I fed my dog purina pro plan focus puppy formula for his first year and he did great.

First thing I can say is do what works best for YOUR budget. But grain free is the go to diet. Hopefully someone else can chime in and offer more elaborate info as there are many more knowledgable folks on here then I.

Taste of the wild
Wellness CORE
Blue Buffalo
Origen

These are all quality names that offer puppy formulas in a grain free food and can be found in most pet stores, tractor supply and like farm supply stores...

Currently I am feeding taste of the wild but reccently learned I can get a discount on orijen and will most likely be making the switch.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
You'll get better information if you go to the Health and Nutrition section and research the foods and the comparison chart for starters. As JohnsDaddy said, do what works for your pup. I've always fed pups Purina Puppy Chow, aside from when I was feeding Canidae All Life Stages. Canidae isn't great, but it's better than Purina. However, whatever works for your dog and your budget is what's recommended. I'm in a hard spot right now and had to purchase Purina Dog Chow for my 2 dogs, but they normally eat Diamond Adult formula.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
I was about to repeat myself and say "whats best for your pet and pocket" .. looks like its all been touched upon.

No your pup is not small.. Nice lookin pup by the way.

I have small dogs. I have 10wks old pups that arent even 5lbs :) I have just picked up a real lil guy from AGTWK in montanna that is smaller than mine. He looks like a chiuahua, [email protected] 8wks..

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
hey fire, or anyone for that matter,...who does that dog look like?....hint;a king among princes.....oldheads think hard...young'uns,hit the books.....

nice lookin pup....

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
nothing wrong with any bulldog as long as it's healthy...but ya didn't ask me.

all I got is small dogs, except the 1/2 breed..35 and under...

·
Dirty Girl
927 Posts
Don't get stuck on numbers for weight. Look at the dog and as long as they have ample coverage over their hip points and ribs then they are at a good puppy weight.

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
Lol I love that u call her 1/2 breed haha why do u call her that? What is she?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
yea jtp's rite...I don't kno why I call her that lol....just don't care for the bully thing..lol...no offence intended...she's a big ol baby...to be honest tho,she's a dam good DOG..THREW HER PEDS IN THE TRASH AND HAD HER FIXED.SHE'S THE YARD GUARDER LOL....

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
^^^ Lololol

This is gonna sound ridiculous, but I've only had female dogs growing up, spaying them I never felt bad. I actually FEEL bad about cutting my boys nuts off. I wonder if afterwards he'll know there gone...

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
When he trys to lick'm he will...lol

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
^^^ Lololol

This is gonna sound ridiculous, but I've only had female dogs growing up, spaying them I never felt bad. I actually FEEL bad about cutting my boys nuts off. I wonder if afterwards he'll know there gone...

Meh. I don't lol. I felt bad when Cain went to pee the first time and hiked his leg and yelped. That made me feel bad. Now he squats always. He never acted like something was missing or did any double takes. I think he was more excited that he became "invincible" with that damn cone on than anything else haha. He ran into EVERYTHING. Including me. Multiple times. Pretty sure it was on purpose. Ammo still has another year ish to go before his neuter. I'm curious to see how that goes lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts