Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
9,176 Posts
they arent pittys , they are american bullys and the answers will vary depending who you ask , some will claim they add { or accuse people of adding} cane corso , presa blood and others will say its selective breeding.

· Premium Member
9,176 Posts
I believe both have been done I think selective breeding over and over biggest to biggest could very well have been done , however iron cross has been caught adding bigger breeds to there stock , there have to be a ton more who havent been caught . A good reason DNA profiling should be required for registrys. I think alot of the 'stats' you see posted online are more then likely exagerated they may have a dog 80-90lbs and claim 100lbs. seems from what I hear alot of the 'big name' dogs we be seeing online arent all that they are hyped up to be in person , pictures can be decieving.

· Premium Member
13,448 Posts
There is no such thing as a 100lbs American Pit Bull Terrier they are what we now call American Bullies and something that big is mixed. They have been mixed with larger breeds like mastiff and presa's and called pit bulls but they are not. APBT's range from 20lbs on the really small side to about 75lbs on the really big side.

· + Young buck human puppy
1,835 Posts
In New Zealand we only have American Pitbull Terriers, we do not have American Bullys (the said dog in your post)
There is a kennal selling blue pits which are a cross, getting the bulk some people will cross larger breeds into the APBT to get what they are wanting to acheive.
Please do not attempt this LOL

· Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
In New Zealand we only have American Pitbull Terriers, we do not have American Bullys (the said dog in your post)
There is a kennal selling blue pits which are a cross, getting the bulk some people will cross larger breeds into the APBT to get what they are wanting to acheive.
Please do not attempt this LOL
sounds like someones not wanting dog pollution in their territory,AND i BON'T BLAME YOU!!!!

· + Young buck human puppy
1,835 Posts
sounds like someones not wanting dog pollution in their territory,AND i BON'T BLAME YOU!!!!
Oh beleive me, I want my county to stay clean with our APBT's, someones going to be daring and mix it up soon, (im suprised they haven't yet)

I wouldn't mind some nicely bred bullys coming in (gez i sound like i run the airport and get to choose what breed can enter hahahaha), with education manual coming with them for people to regiser there ambullies :D

· Registered
50 Posts
Iron cross didn't get caught mixing dogs. Then got busted selling me a dog that's wasn't off the dog they said it was with. I turned them in to the UKC, did a DNA challenge and still working on my lawsuit.
As for their dogs they didn't "purposely" breed any other dogs in. They used studs with questionable backgrounds that were probably mixed within the 4 Gen ped. They didn't intentionally do it but knew what was up. Romans goal was a 200lb Pitbull, which is stupid.

Not everyone with big blues is doing shady stuff and to call everyones dogs mutts is nuts. U may not like, agree, or understand what's what but to tell others what they have in their yard is just nutz imo

· Premium Member
9,176 Posts
LOL at 'purposely" roman has no ethics and I believe he was caught mixing breeds, he owned other 'big ' breeds I believe it was presas or corsos, he knew exactly what he was doing and he did mix them. I wouldnt touch any dog that has any association with them , too bad too cause he did have 1 nice dog i liked , his name ruined him though IMO.

· Registered
776 Posts
his dogs didnt even look like apbt in the end.
a apbt over 100 lb is a total genetic freak of nature .. to have more than one is most definitly not going to happen and is without a doubt not pureblood.

· Registered
50 Posts
Roman does have no ethics and did it all for the money. But I know his entire program from the inside. His dogs changed the most when he used escolade. Escolade is to believed to be the offspring of the mixed dogs. The other is qball and she was his most bred female. Both her parents are inbred, and so are those. So she was an insane out cross for anything he bred her too. I as well as many feel her mother envy has some American bulldog behind her. Idk for sure but I'm pretty familiar with both breeds. But its speculation and not fact.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.