Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last week i have been introing Papo to a new collar. Rewarding heavily for putting on and taking off.

So today we had our first session, and it went GREAT. He knows just about all the commands i have asked of him, know its time to polish and perfect. He responded to correction very well. I love the vibrate setting on this collar aswell, only had to use the nick a few times.

Im using a dogtra 200ncp gold.

woot woot, thought id share.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its awesome. Comes like there is no tomorrow no matter the distance. I am now able to give him commands from a distance with him running next to me to sit.

We have almost mastered heel. He trys to push it sometimes.

I love it, and the vibrate on the collar actually gives a better correction than the shock. Its like i am always right next to him.

If it wasnt for leash laws I prob. wouldnt need one. I was in a dog friendly park just last week, with Papo off leash. He got some crazy zoomies and took off, i come up over the hill and see him full go towards some lady with a dog. I give the come command, nothing, then a no accompanied by a vibrate and again the come command, and wouldnt have it, Papo yanks around and comes haulen back.

I have nothing bad to say about the collar. It is great for long distance, and makes a correction that is easier than yanking on a leash, or using a prong collar.

I recommend it to anyone.

lol, on a side, not ya might get a laugh. I am a firm believer in knowing what i am doing and giving to my dog, so, i before i ever put the collar on my dog, I put it on. I went thru every setting, and all levels. It actually wasnt bad, It was more annoying than anything. The only one i couldnt take was the 5 on the continues mode, woofta. But atleast i know what im giving my dog. I use level 2 for the tick, very low level correction and it works like a charm, no need to turn it any higher.

He is on his way to becoming a very good dog. If you have any questions feel free to ask?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It sounds like things are going well. I have already gone thru ecollar training and will always train my dogs with an ecollar. I have nothing but good things to say about it, give you have a good trainer to work with. I also put the collar on my self and it was not bad at all. I would never do anything to my dog that I could not do to myself. Keep us up to date on how the training goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts