Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry in advance FB friends who have to see things twice. lol

So my mother gets here to go for our walk and as we are leaving Francis is out front with her fur raised and keeps barking. I tell her to hush and she starts barking again. This is not normal for my dogs to ignore me. I tell her again and she continues. So I tell my mom that dogs must have been loose for her to be like this and go to shut my front gate as we leave in case they come back this way.... As I am shutting the gate these 2 cuties come around from the back of my house......They are very sweet little dogs. I went to find who may own them and all I found is that they are often loose and live somewhere within a couple blocks of me. So of course they are safe and sound here until I can find out who owns them, give me keep your dogs contained lecture and see what I can do to help the keep their dogs safe. They are both very precious dogs.

When I was telling my mother that Francis had to have seen dogs out front she was looking at me like I was crazy. I told her I know my dogs and there is no way its anything else right as they come from behind the house. My mother was laughing so hard and as I came back outside with the camera I hear her telling my husband she should have know better than to ever doubt me when it comes to knowing my animals lmao.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I know! Shes sooo undershot too. Has cherry eye, and the back end is not sturdy, but she to freakin cute. My husband and I were talking about how I want a bull dog so bad as they are cute, but I just can't support the producing of such disfigured dogs who can't function and are walking vet bills. My mother wanted to take them for our walk to see if the owners would spot us and I had to explain that the bull dog can't do that (we walk 5 miles). Her short nose will make her over heat and who knows how long she has walked so far. She started limping a bit after they showed up so already her travel is taking its toll.

I also found it terribly funny that 2 more dogs show up here after me just being condemned by a group of people for not caring about rescues and being a breeder who has no idea lmao. I do hope that I get there owners and I really can not do 2 more dogs, but of course they are here until either their owners are found or if I can't get them home to their owners within 3-4 month they will go up for adoption. Either way they are now my problem.......

Oh BTW I don't like Labs. AT ALL. Some of you know this, but its the one breed I just don't care for. So I really don't care to have this lab mix here lmao. She very sweet though so she must be mixed with something good:D

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
your a good person Holly. good job
I asked my husband why they end up in my yard and not other peoples yards, to which he replied " They do end up in other peoples, but they shoo them away."

I would never be able to sleep had I just let them wander off :/

·
Registered
223 Posts
We always end up with stray dogs at my house. The last one we had was a gorgeous intact white boxer male. The animal control officer made me put him in the truck because he was scared of him -___- Just because the boxer was well behaved and didn't wag his tail. The man was a pansy.

It's sad though the animal control knows our house, we call give them our names and they have us on file. So they just drive on over. We never turn dogs away we lock them up check for tags take them to the vets and check for micro chips. If nothing we call the animal control and posts ads on craigslist stating that the animal control has there dog. Which for the people with intact males it's quite a chunk of change to get there dogs back.

You did a good thing by taking these two in. Try posting an ad on criagslist stating you found some dogs. As for the lab, Her legs look a little short there o_O. From the look of her face and short legs she must be mixed with a small dog. My guess a dachshund. I've seen doxie/dobbie mixes and they look like short legged dobbies.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Haha that's awesome! Good for you Holly!!

·
Super Moderator
4,618 Posts
I asked my husband why they end up in my yard and not other peoples yards, to which he replied " They do end up in other peoples, but they shoo them away."

Your husband is a smart guy. LOL!

And, you wouldn't have been able to sleep because you are a good person. :)

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You did a good thing by taking these two in. Try posting an ad on criagslist stating you found some dogs. As for the lab, Her legs look a little short there o_O. From the look of her face and short legs she must be mixed with a small dog. My guess a dachshund. I've seen doxie/dobbie mixes and they look like short legged dobbies.
Thats what i am doing is putting ads out and they can call to identify their dogs.

Yes she is crossed with something short, shes barely taller than the bulldog.

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts

yeah i undrstand. thats very awesome of you. the world needs more caring people like you.
Good job Holly, very proud of you!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
LOL I love the bulldog, I have such a big soft spot for them. I would have bought one had I not been so scared of the vet expenses with them lol. I feel the same as you on the lab thing though, good on you for helping them out . I hope the owner contacts you so they can get reemed out about not containing there dogs. Biggest peeve of mine is loose dogs.

The other night had someone honking there horn I look out to see a stray dog running scared with tail tucked and limping bad. not sure if they hit him or if he was limping from some other issue. looked to be a bully breed or mix of some sort I ran out with treats and a slip lead to try and catch him but I think he ran in the forest and I wasn't able to find him. Some people shouldn't own dogs period, like how hard is it to keep a dog in the house or on a leash or properly fence in your yard??

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The other night had someone honking there horn I look out to see a stray dog running scared with tail tucked and limping bad. not sure if they hit him or if he was limping from some other issue. looked to be a bully breed or mix of some sort I ran out with treats and a slip lead to try and catch him but I think he ran in the forest and I wasn't able to find him. Some people shouldn't own dogs period, like how hard is it to keep a dog in the house or on a leash or properly fence in your yard??
Yeah I saw you post about that. Hope he is ok :/

They are out with Jerry Lee now. I put them in the kennel next to him first and all was well so I moved them over. He loves dogs and Francis is in heat right now so hes all alone. No GSD/Chi's for me lmao.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
LMAO why not could make some hybrid mini GSD's LOLOLOL

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
So sweet of you Holly! I wouldn't have been able to sleep either had I let them go. I always end up finding stray or injured wildlife and helping it out......I'd rather find a stray dog lol! I hope the owner shows up....the bulldog looks old :(

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well they enjoy the company of Jerry Lee so they are in the big pen with him now. They both did great n crates last night and went to meet Jerry this morning. I actually took the camera out to get pics of how cute she was playing in the pool and when I got out there she was all over the place and I only ended up with pics of the bull dog lol.

The Lab had barked at Jerry's Livestock and he put her in check lol Then stood their evil eying her between his animals and her.

Everyone was looking at the strangers.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Aww! Jerry lee is awesome!

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
great pictures and i agree with Coach Jerry Lee looks like he's a great dog, such a character :D

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
awww so cute, love the one of the pony checking them out. So Im taking it noone claimed them yet :( weird how noone even knows who they are??? think maybe someone took them for a "car ride" and dumped them?

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know they are from this area.

I went to find who may own them and all I found is that they are often loose and live somewhere within a couple blocks of me.
The people have not responded to the Craigslist add, but a lot of people don't use Craigslist so that doesn't really meant they aren't looking.

I don't leave the house often so for all I know they have flyers up somewhere lol. I am just too busy taking care of my own dogs to go spend all day trying to find out who owns them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts