Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I couldn't just let Tye and Lance show off... Figured I could show off the two I'm keeping..lol

This is Rampage's Poseidon (thank you for the name Tye)... He is white with brindle patches, and has 1 blue eye... which of course you can't see since he was determined to keep his eyes closed for all pictures..lmao

The ONLY picture I have that shows his eye off.... he is toward the back...

This is Rampage's Uno... She is white with brindle patches... She is a bit full of herself as the pictures show..lol Her and Lucy are very very similiar where their baby sister is half their size..lol

Here is a shot of all 3 sisters...

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Flashy looking litter! I love patchy dogs.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
awww I love patchy dogs they are all so cute,loving the blue eye. Is it considered a fault or is it allowed in all registries? I ask because I had a horse with a blue eye {walleyed} and it kept us from being able to register with the palomino registry but we were allowed with the AQHA registry , wasnt sure if the dog world had similar rules with that?

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
They can be registered, it is considered a fault, but not a disqualification in the show ring. But an undesirable trait.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
They can be registered, it is considered a fault, but not a disqualification in the show ring. But an undesirable trait.
thanks, I still love that look though , so different {it was pretty much considered the same when I showed my boy in hack classes or classes judged by how they look ,reason I liked jumping lol it was all timed and fastest won it regardless of looks}

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
lol Stacia, it totally suits him with that eye, he is way to adorable :D I am super glad you kept the name :D And Uno is gorgeous she was my fave girl, if I did bitches I would have asked for her :p I am glad ya keeping the two :D

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I find the blue eye thing fascinating. Blue eyes or mismatched eyes are a serious fault in UKC. I've heard it said in ADBA that blue eyes on a white dog are a big-time fault, too, but the dog who won the 3-5 females class all Saturday at that you guys' show was white with blue eyes. (I wasn't watching the classes on Sunday.) And someone told me a few years back on G-D that if you got a dog with blue eyes from a breeding, that was your keeper.

I'm not going to go out and buy any blue-eyed dogs. I just find it interesting. Be cool to run a study testing hearing on blue-eyed, heavy-white APBTs and see how the rate of deafness compares to other breeds with similar physical traits.

ETA: Holy biscuits, I fail again! (That's my M.O. tonight.) Congrats on your babehs. I want to scrunch the brindle booty in the 3rd pic. Man, I wish I lived closer to some breeders. I'd love to help socialize puppies, and just as great when they belong to someone else and I don't have to clean their poopy papers. LOL

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unfortunately no they wont be old enough for NM...

As for the blue eye.... This is a trait that is fairly common (at least in my opinion) in the colby line... These pups' great granddam had 2 blue eyes, she was a buckskin dog. Oden use to throw blue eyes fairly often, and with Rayne and William both being off Oden I just knew I'd get a blue eye or two.... not to mention that Rayne's full sister from the first breeding between Oden and Lotty was almost solid white with 2 blue eyes... I was disappointed when they first opened eyes and I didn't see any blue...BUT a couple weeks later THEN I noticed it..lol

As for being a fault.... yeah alot don't like it but I know of a few CHs with 1 or both blue eyes, in ADBA..lol Loving it!!!!

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
That litter just screams ... cobly blood... I've had my fair share of "cowdogs" white dogs with brindle patches or spots. I like them buckskin ones with white goggles and black under or around that as far as looks alone... on the blue eyes, my experience has been that in which the old timers could stare at me and say: "I told you so.."

Great looking litter!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts