Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my docs appt today.. I am 29 weeks.. Well in the month of January I was under a lot of stress and anxiety and I had to switch OB's so I could take my anxiety med again. During this time.. and going through the false labor thing I went though.. I lost about 6lbs in 2 weeks. I had completely lost my appetite. Since getting back on my medication.. (which I've taken very sparingly) my appetite has came back and I've been less stressed. So... I gained 10lbs since last docs visit. hehe I put back on what I lost and then some. I also found out today that I am anemic. :( This really concerned me at first but the doctor says that it is very very common. She gave me an iron supplement.Baby Zachary is doing well, he has gone breech though! I thought he had because I've been receiving a lot of hard low kicks that are somewhat painful at times! And his head is well lodged up under my rib cage so... its been very uncomfortable to "slouch" when I sit... or even lay on my side at an angle. The doc says he still has plenty of time to go head down.. which I hope he does soon... for my own comfort! lol This doctor doesn't do an ultrasound every time. so poop poop sorry no new pics. I go back in 3 weeks.. then from there it will be every 2 weeks for a month then once a week. I'm getting so close!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Don't worry he has plenty of time to turn. They can turn and turn back then turn again lmao.

Have you been taking prenatal vitamins? If not that could cause your low iron. Thats not anything to worry much about either, the supplement will get you fixed up :)

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Oh meg I feel for you I'm anemic too, your going through a lot of the same stuff that I did. One good word of advice always have a soda like sprite with you. It'll help keep your sugar level up. I had a hard time and even passed out in the store once.

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
I was just thinking about anemia the other night! how weird. most anemia in pregnancy is from low iron. did they dr give you any advice yet? my sister had low iron (anemia) but she was advised to take higher iron prenatals and that helped.
sorry to hear all the poop poop going on right now for you.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holly, yeah I've been taking the prenatal since the beginning of pregnancy.. and the whole pregnancy. Sometimes I might forget a day.. but generally I take it every day. I thought I might be a little anemic because I'm tired all the time but it could also be pregnancy and poor sleep.

Riley, I got the iron supplements to take twice a day. I don't think my levels are too terribly low. When I got pregnant they said my hemoglobin was 12 and it's 9.8 now. From what I read the baby takes your iron stores and causes you to be anemic. I also heard that having bad morning sickness and heavy periods pre pregnancy can predispose you. I had both of these problems. So I am guessing I was at risk and didn't realize it.

Thanks for the advice Krystal... I nearly passed out in the store a few times!!

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Holly, yeah I've been taking the prenatal since the beginning of pregnancy.. and the whole pregnancy. Sometimes I might forget a day.. but generally I take it every day. I thought I might be a little anemic because I'm tired all the time but it could also be pregnancy and poor sleep.

Riley, I got the iron supplements to take twice a day. I don't think my levels are too terribly low. When I got pregnant they said my hemoglobin was 12 and it's 9.8 now. From what I read the baby takes your iron stores and causes you to be anemic. I also heard that having bad morning sickness and heavy periods pre pregnancy can predispose you. I had both of these problems. So I am guessing I was at risk and didn't realize it.

Thanks for the advice Krystal... I nearly passed out in the store a few times!!
Yeah, the iron should help you out alot! you should feel alittle better too.
And yep! the baby takes alot of red blood cells which causes anemia. the fact that you were stressed out and not eating can also cause your Iron to drop so that maybe the reason. I don't have bad morning sickness or heavy periods but I do have an issue with anxiety attacks at times so I have to stay calm.
You are due in April right? sometimes the baby flips towards the end and will shift before birth or....they can turn the baby from breech which I heard is painful.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, the iron should help you out alot! you should feel alittle better too.
And yep! the baby takes alot of red blood cells which causes anemia. the fact that you were stressed out and not eating can also cause your Iron to drop so that maybe the reason. I don't have bad morning sickness or heavy periods but I do have an issue with anxiety attacks at times so I have to stay calm.
You are due in April right? sometimes the baby flips towards the end and will shift before birth or....they can turn the baby from breech which I heard is painful.
Yep I'm not too worried about him flipping I am sure he will. He was head down and flipped 2 weeks ago. He's just in such an uncomfortable position.. it's hurting me. :( My boyfriend said " i bet he's going to be a little shhh just like me" LOL "Yep hunny... definitely your boy!"

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Everything will be fine.

Corbin stayed in my ribs. You could actually see the imprint of his foot sometimes.
It's aweful girl, I know.

Thank the lord above my baby making days are over. I just enjoy everyone ele's babies now.
I love the newborn stage..purest and most precious thing in the world.

I wish you the best of luck. Just wait till you got him in your arms and then you will know everything was soooooo worth it!!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ooooooo and the good side your nails and hair are gonna grow like a mofo! :)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
that baby is going to do cartwheels and turn head down at the last possible second, I mean hours maybe a week (if your lucky) before labor will he turn head down. 10 MORE WEEKS im so excited for you! I love babies! god I wish I didnt have to be prego I would have TONS of babies lol, why cant the men do it!!! lol

·
Medal polisher for kg420
3,056 Posts
ur doing a good job prego mego:)

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks ladies.. ughhh this iron is making me feel so sick to my stomach. :( Last night I took it before bed and didn't eat anything.. I drank some juice with it because I heard vit C helps it absorb. Well I felt sick all night before falling asleep, I had to sleep elevated because I really didn't want to puke. This morning I took it and then ate breakfast (eggs and some sausage biscuits and juice) and ugghhh stomach still upset! I guess next time I'll try eating first and waiting maybe 30 minutes to see if that helps...

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Thanks ladies.. ughhh this iron is making me feel so sick to my stomach. :( Last night I took it before bed and didn't eat anything.. I drank some juice with it because I heard vit C helps it absorb. Well I felt sick all night before falling asleep, I had to sleep elevated because I really didn't want to puke. This morning I took it and then ate breakfast (eggs and some sausage biscuits and juice) and ugghhh stomach still upset! I guess next time I'll try eating first and waiting maybe 30 minutes to see if that helps...
I had the same problem eat first then take the pill. Poor girl that sick feeling is the worst. Keep your head up your almost there:)

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had the same problem eat first then take the pill. Poor girl that sick feeling is the worst. Keep your head up your almost there:)
Thanks.. guess I'll start taking them after I've had food in for a little while. I just threw up a whole lot a little while ago. :( I had a headache and was feeling all dizzy from it. But am starting to feel better now.. drinking some water. Will probably be hungry again in 30 minutes.. lol

My man better really appreciate me after going through all of this and giving him his first born son!!! :mad: lol

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Thanks.. guess I'll start taking them after I've had food in for a little while. I just threw up a whole lot a little while ago. :( I had a headache and was feeling all dizzy from it. But am starting to feel better now.. drinking some water. Will probably be hungry again in 30 minutes.. lol

My man better really appreciate me after going through all of this and giving him his first born son!!! :mad: lol
If he doesn't I'll kick his booty. :rofl: Hope you feel better soon.

·
Premium Member
7,502 Posts
I was anemic too during my pregnancy, it does lower your energy levels. Try eating some iron enriched foods...spinich salads,brocolli, ect...Your almost there hang in there. :)

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
ahh im sorry, but hey you still got time for zachyy to go heads down!
i'll be prayin for ya!!!!
i keep you guys in my thoughts everyday!!!

we just got our ultra sounds pics on thurs. WE SAW THE HEARTBEAT!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts