Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to this girl who volunteers at the shelter where i adopted my shih tzu last month,and well anyways she said that since i bought from a breeder that one dog in the shelter died cause that was one less home for it ? Then she said it would have been better to kill a dog myself then to go and buy one ?! What is wrong with this physco girl ? Ugh it really made me mad but no need to stir up more drama so i just quit talking to her , does anyone agree with her ? I know what she ment in a way but technicaly she is wrong on the last part !:mad:

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
I was talking to this girl who volunteers at the shelter where i adopted my shih tzu last month,and well anyways she said that since i bought from a breeder that one dog in the shelter died cause that was one less home for it ? Then she said it would have been better to kill a dog myself then to go and buy one ?! What is wrong with this physco girl ? Ugh it really made me mad but no need to stir up more drama so i just quit talking to her , does anyone agree with her ? I know what she ment in a way but technicaly she is wrong on the last part !:mad:
theres a truth about it though, but theres no need to guilt a person into taking home a dog they dont want, it'll probably end back in the shelter anyways (not saying anything about you). its truth because the human societys and pounds are crowded and if a dog doesnt get a home with in a certain period of time it gets well you know... not every one can handle or appreciate a dog no matter what kind of dog it is, so they get out of the yard and the owner doesnt always care or maybe doesnt know where to look so it ends up in the shelter others just get dumped off like the female in your area so if the dogs caught it has to go somewhere and if the dog goes somewhere that is not a no kill shelter and the dog doesnt find a home once again you know what happens. its true but its a morbid thing to say to a customer i woulda filed a complaint.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
some people just have no brains. Should have responded that it wasnt your fault it was the breeder who didnt screen there home where they placed there dog and offer to take it back if need to , its the irresponsible owner who sees a life as disposable's fault the one who brought the dog there or dumped on the side of a road it wasnt yours. I get that rescueing is a great thing to do but its not for everyone and shouldnt be shoved down everyones throat all the time. Personally I wouldnt rescue a shelter dog to keep for personal reason on how I feel however would consider fostering one and helping to find a home for it. People need to learn when to back off and not play that card all the time, should ask her how many she has at home ?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah well shes only 18 and this happened on facebook,she got a pitbull at the local shelter and i asked why i never see anythere and she said oh im a volunteer , i can go in the holding room but they only let me get her cause they know me ! By that time i had just had enough ! And i said well i voulunteer too ? She never said anything but it really ticked me off ! Its not my fault all those dogs are in shelters and i done adopted a shelter dog after buyin my pitbull so i dont see the problem .

And after she told me how she got her dog i said oh then i guess i will have to buy again haha just for the fun of it,so now she wants to help me find one so i dont buy !

She will be at the spay/neuter event im going to but not the same day thankfully , oh and a little update on bailey w/o making a new thread:shes getting spayed friday :/ im so nervous !

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Either way.. I see it as such: a dog bred from a byb would have ended up in a shelter anyways so you saved a dog from going into the shelter. I wouldn't give that person the time of day to irk me. ;)

Btw, good luck! I know a lot of people get nervous before spaying their pets. She will be in and out and on her way to a fast recovery in no time.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Either way.. I see it as such: a dog bred from a byb would have ended up in a shelter anyways so you saved a dog from going into the shelter. I wouldn't give that person the time of day to irk me. ;)

Btw, good luck! I know a lot of people get nervous before spaying their pets. She will be in and out and on her way to a fast recovery in no time.
yeah im just not gonna talk to her,its a waste of my time , and thank you,there will be 90 people there in one college gym to get there dogs fixed ! In only two days with 2 vets and 4 vet techs ,idk how its gonna work but i guess . Im staying the whole time because i live over an hour from there and im gonna make up for it with lots of bones and treats ! :roll:

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts

:goodpost: I was going to say this too.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
She is lucky she wasn't talking to me because I would have told her quickly that all shelter dogs should be put down IMO. They are some of the most ill bred, unstable, worst representations that are direct by-products of back yard breedings. I do not feel bad for wanting to buy dog's bred true to standard that come from good breeders who dedicate their lives to breeding good dogs. And worse anyone can walk into a shelter and pay a small adoption fee to get a dog and do whatever they want with it including breed it. I know people adopt animals from shelters with good intentions of saving an animal and this is nothing personal against those who choose to adopt from a shelter. I myself have done it but really many of the dog's that are found in these shelters are genetic messes they are mutt's that come from breeding's with no purpose and they should all be put down. If you told her that she might have hung up on you LOL.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
She is lucky she wasn't talking to me because I would have told her quickly that all shelter dogs should be put down IMO. They are some of the most ill bred, unstable, worst representations that are direct by-products of back yard breedings. I do not feel bad for wanting to buy dog's bred true to standard that come from good breeders who dedicate their lives to breeding good dogs. And worse anyone can walk into a shelter and pay a small adoption fee to get a dog and do whatever they want with it including breed it. I know people adopt animals from shelters with good intentions of saving an animal and this is nothing personal against those who choose to adopt from a shelter. I myself have done it but really many of the dog's that are found in these shelters are genetic messes they are mutt's that come from breeding's with no purpose and they should all be put down. If you told her that she might have hung up on you LOL.
lol or made her just shut her trap... maybe even make her cry.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
:goodpost: and thats about all i can say. Sums everything up.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The sad thing is that many people who work in shelters are like this because it is what they are fed by others who work in shelters. I own a rescue and I would rather someone get a solid well bred dog if thats what they want because Sadie is right most of my rescues are ill bred mutts basically with no purpose. Now if someone is just looking for a pet and does not care about the way the dog was bred than adopt thats great but to try and make people feel guilty because they want a well bred dog is just stupid.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:goodpost: to everyone ! Yes but if your looking for a pet it would be okay,but shes always trying to shove stuff down people throat in my opinion,she tells everyone to spay their pets all the time ! She said if you dont ur not responsible ? When i got my shih tzu there they treated the animals awful , should have told her that too , she acts like the shelter is everything and what gets me is she has 2 other dogs that didnt come from the shelter :mad: :mad:

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
:goodpost: to everyone ! Yes but if your looking for a pet it would be okay,but shes always trying to shove stuff down people throat in my opinion,she tells everyone to spay their pets all the time ! She said if you dont ur not responsible ? When i got my shih tzu there they treated the animals awful , should have told her that too , she acts like the shelter is everything and what gets me is she has 2 other dogs that didnt come from the shelter :mad: :mad:
report her then... seriously

1 - 15 of 15 Posts