Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enzo will be 5 months next week! He is learning all kinds of tricks and commands. Starting to really mature and be more protective of me. Yesterday he weighed in at 52 pounds. And was 18.5 inches at the shoulder. Little concerned on his hips as he has a waddle. But iam hoping it is from his growth spurts and not HD. Other than that he is doing great!
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Fawn Grass

Dog Dog breed Collar Carnivore Working animal

Dog Dog breed Working animal Pet supply Liver

·
Super Moderator
5,478 Posts
That is all great news Evan_c33 and appreciate the update. Love those pictures especially the second one. What a handsome young boy.

Joe

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Cute pooch! My boy's hips are totally fine and he waddles when he walks too :) well his belly goes the opposite direction of his front and rear lol Its freaking adorable. I thought he would grow out of it, but he still does it when he is tired, lol

Reactions: Evan_c33 and jttar

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for that! I saw a lot of controversy on the puppy gait and wether it was early signs of HD or not . So that’s a relief to hear your doggo does it too! I still try to limit his time walking and such since he’s still a little younger. Do you have any tips on when is a good time to let them start working out with a flirt/spring pile ? And such because his energy levels are insane ! But I don’t want to hurt him either

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
I have always heard not til they are a year or two so they are allowed to finish growing without to much strain. Same with agility or weight pulling. Some disagree but I feel it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Puppy Culture exercise recommendations is what I go off of. You can read it here even though it has annoying “buy now” stamped over it lol PC Exercise Booklet and Chart

I try to do a lot of training to tire my pup out. Some ideas are the virtual home manners puppy or adult titles. It was fun working with my boy to get him to pass. Gave us something to do and got my boy his first title which is very exciting and fun for me. We went for the adult title. Just need to find a AKC evaluator to look at your video once you’re done. Virtual Home Manners – American Kennel Club

Reactions: jttar and Evan_c33

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome thank you for that! Yeah I didn’t plan on trying to work him out any time soon was just curious on an age . I got him a few puzzle boxes that give treats if he can figure it out and those help a decent amount ! But I’ll check into what you sent as well! Thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts