Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Pit just reached 5 pounds at 3 months. I was wondering how big he would be fully grown? I rescued him from pretty bad conditions. He was infected with worms, covered in flees, and nails bent back into his paws. I wanted a smaller pit since how little room I have.

·
Registered
121 Posts
let me start with congrats for saving your new pup but there is really no way to tell with out seeing the pup how big it will be pit are normally about 40 50 lb but any dog is ok in any size home if u give them the proper excersize eveyday good luck with your pup and i would love to see the pup

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
If I were in a small home or apartment I would rather have an American Bully. A small APBT will have more energy and drive. their exercise and free time can be way more demanding than a 80lb AmBully and will need way more exercise too. don't underestimate the little guys is all i'm saying.

definately feed the lil guy with some high protein good quality food and you should be good to go

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
My Pit just reached 5 pounds at 3 months. I was wondering how big he would be fully grown? I rescued him from pretty bad conditions. He was infected with worms, covered in flees, and nails bent back into his paws. I wanted a smaller pit since how little room I have.
5 lbs sounds more like a 6 week old not a 3 month old? Did you just get the pup? Are you sure of the age?
Fleas improper nutrition and maybe the pup being a runt or even another breed may account though for the smaller size if that is truly the correct age.

There is no way to know what the adult size will be as an adult due to the circumstances. The doubling the weight at 4 months usually only works if the pup is healthy and also not a true runt

In any event,Congrats on getting the pup and for rescuing!

Try posting picts off of a photo bucket account or you can also use this one which doesn't require making an account just uploading the picts:
TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
5 lbs sounds more like a 6 week old not a 3 month old? Did you just get the pup? Are you sure of the age?
Fleas improper nutrition and maybe the pup being a runt or even another breed may account though for the smaller size if that is truly the correct age.

There is no way to know what the adult size will be as an adult due to the circumstances. The doubling the weight at 4 months usually only works if the pup is healthy and also not a true runt

In any event,Congrats on getting the pup and for rescuing!

Try posting picts off of a photo bucket account or you can also use this one which doesn't require making an account just uploading the picts:
TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
:goodpost: Please post pictures of the puppy maybe we can help you...

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have seen dogs full grown, small as 18 lbs and yes they were a ball of fire. With all of the complications of the living conditions could have dramatically slowed down the growth process of the puppy. fleas alone can kill a pup if bad enough. At least your food cost will be low, might as well feed them a high end feed or even go raw. In the old, old days, pitbulls could be as small as you are describing. I have a pup in perfect health, he is 12 lbs at 14 weeks old.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.