Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deal or no deal?
My wife wanted a puppy and we both have reasons why we prefer pitbulls. We had been searching for a good dog locally. I stumbled upon a website for a breeder 2and a half hours from my house. We went and looked at the pups and bought one. We were told that she is 50% Gottyline, 25% Chinaman, 25% Kk-9. I was told she is ADBA Registered. I also got a chance to see the Sire, dam, grandfather and grandmother. I bought her for 500. As being new to this site i am not sure if I can tell people where I got her, if not please remove it and let me know. I got the pup from Poison Ivy Pits dot com. All the info is on there. Its shows our pup and says sold to Chuck and April in Tulsa, Ok. Can someone who knows alot about these breeds/bloodlines give me their honest opinion on my purchase. Did I get treated well or not. I am new to all this and I need all the help I can get. I thank you in advance.

·
www.wormeradicator.com
203 Posts
Im not gonna diss your puppy ,but I feel you should have shopped around a bit more, What you got is a BYB dog!
A bully crossed with game stuff, and Ive never heard of the k9 line before.
If your happy with what you got then good! but I would be very watchful of temperment issues or other problems that can show up with a cross like that!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
They seem to be a bully type breeder with no constancy in what they breed. Barly any of their dogs have any titled dogs in the pedigrees or titles them selves. If you just looking for a good pet should be fine, but working/breeding quality could be really iffy.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Hi and welcome!

Looked at the site I would consider them to be a puppy mill. That is my opinion. They have sooo many litters of pups and are chargeing more for colour which is the last thing a good breeder should be doing again IMO.

I'm not sure why they are breeding game line with a bully line. The dogs are okay looking but nothing to write home about again it is my opinion. The main thing is are you happy with your pup?

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
OMG! you got taken or a ride! I agree, If you love your Bully then that is all that matters but you got a dog from a BYB that is advertising Bullies as APBT's. All those dogs are scatter bred and look how many litters they have on the ground. It is breeders like this that is ruining it for responsible breeders.

Gotty and RE is under much debate but it is now common knowledge that these dogs were bred with mastiff, Am bulldog, English bulldog and so on. That is what created the Am bully.

·
Registered
761 Posts
dude, sorry but those are some of the ugliest/merle bullys ive seen, but your dog is your dog and your gonna love him/her either way, My first dog bam isnt full pit (hes got a couple longer hairs round his neck and his muzzle seems a lil bit long) hes ckc registered and he was one heck of a cute puppy so i got him within 20 mins of looking, im not saying he was a mistake and i shouldnt have gotten him, just saying if i would have been patient and educated myself a little bit more, i would have a dog i could weight pull and do conformation shows.

but bam is a great dog and everybody who sees him thinks hes a pit, and hes more protective then your average apbt.

but good luck to you, can you post a pic of your puppy?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Wow that is A LOT of dogs. If you love your puppy and you are happy with it then that is really all that matters. Hope you stick around the forums, there are a lot of good reads and people on here. Post up a pic or two, we all love seeing puppies.

·
Registered
520 Posts
i was gunna stay outta this one until i looked out the breeding page and all i can say is thats not a puppy mill its a freakin puppy factory im ashamed of these people

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I realize now that I should have done some more research, but the dog was for my wife and is VERY happy with her, so I guess that is what matters. I have been learning a lot from this site and plan on getting MY pup later this year. Any suggestions on a very reputable breeder/kennel? I am impressed by larumapbt at the moment but I am going to do A LOT of research and looking before I make a decision.

·
Registered
520 Posts
go to adba shows and weightpulls talk to the competitors owners find dogs you like and ask them info on breedings best way to find quality get it from a kennel that breeds for working or purpose not color size or money youll get a better, healthier dog that way

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
I realize now that I should have done some more research, but the dog was for my wife and is VERY happy with her, so I guess that is what matters. I have been learning a lot from this site and plan on getting MY pup later this year. Any suggestions on a very reputable breeder/kennel? I am impressed by larumapbt at the moment but I am going to do A LOT of research and looking before I make a decision.
Do some research and find what you like. Larum has some nice dog but look around. Your pup is very cute! What type of dog are you looking for? Show lines or game lines?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
ok I am glad your wife and child love the puppy it is always good to here that pups find a good home but I will have to stay out of this one cause I risk getting myself in trouble. All I can say is please don't buy from that breeder again and who the hell breeds a greyline to a whopper line I don't believe it was this breeder cause its at the back of the ped. but my god. Whopper dogs are not even real APBT they are crossed and it shows in that female that is one ugly dog. ok hush Laura your digging a hole. im done with this tread

congrats on your pup its a cutie

·
Banned
431 Posts
MMMMMMMM BYB is an under statement that's all i can say without geting in trouble
bobble head dog's whopper = mutt dog's

good looking pup glad your wife and kid like it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts