Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Sat. I went to a Petpalooza with Bruno at a local park.
While there, I witnessed a yellow lab lunged at and attack several dogs while the owner just stood there and continued talking to a vendor, ignoring what her dog was doing.
No one even really said anything. I knew the other owners of the dogs were mad,but nothing was said.(That I heard)

However when a HUGE @$$ Great Dane came up into Bruno's face, and Bruno snapped at him(this is not an off leash event)Bruno was made out to be the bad guy, and I heard people telling their kids and other animals to move away cause there was a Pit there..
Dude, Bruno just gave the dog a warning! It wasn't even a fight. UGH. he was fine the whole rest of the time(well he growled quietly at a grey hound, I think he is scared by big dogs)

it pisses me off that no one seamed to have an issue with the lab who actually attacked the little dogs,but had a problem with Bruno cause he snapped at a dog who started it in the first place. He never even bit the dog, not even close. It was a snap and a warning bark.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I hate seeing other breeds get away with things that no dog should be allowed to do.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Unfortunately it comes with the territory.

I took my boys to a 5k sponsored by my old church a few years ago when Loki was really small and I heard several comments like "oh yeah, they're both pits" etc etc. People gave us a really wide berth for the most part. But it was fine by me since I'm not really a people person anyway. LOL.

All part of that thick skin we sign up to have when we choose pitties as our breed of choice.

·
Registered
606 Posts
no surprise here. as pitbull owners we get all the blame, even though the other owner or dog may have caused the issue.

at least you had him on his leash...imagine the amount of BS people would throw at you if he was off the leash?

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It just ticks me off.
I'm starting to hate Seattle. They just had an article in the paper here, on how to DEFEAT a Pit Bull. they talked about gouging out the dogs eyes, etc.... It was sick.
So many people wrote in to them, and I think they got in huge trouble XD

·
Registered
206 Posts
Face it. APBT's are African American and it's the 1950's. Our dogs are judged based on how they look and not how they behave individually. It sickens me.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
omg i missed that article. ugh. ppl are just dumb and their stupidity is contaigious to other ppl dumb enough to believe the hype without investigating if its true. i can't imagine lil bruno snappin at a dane but really. he's jus a tiny lil guy. what the heck. hahaha. i dunno. ppl down here seem to love my babies but there's also a huge diff between spanaway and lakehood and up into seattle. even fed way we were gettin different reactions. gotta love white ppl sometimes. we're embarrassing.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL. yes, we do manage to make @$$e$ out of ourselves,don't we~

Yeah, Bruno was so laid back in class,even when that one dog kept barking at him.
I think it's the leash, he feels me tense on it,when he comes into contact with other dogs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts