Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A freind of mine brought his 6 month old bully amstaff mix over last week. We stepped inside and let her out in my dog yard with my 3 dogs. I heard some whining so I looked out and my chow shepherd mix was tied with her. I guess he didn't realize his bitch was in heat. My question is if he let the pregnancy go would having the pups hurt her? She is about 45 lbs maybe 18 inches tall and very stocky. My chow shepherd mix is about 26 inches tall and 65 to 70 lbs. He had plans of breeding her in the future so he's not happy about the idea of spaying her. I told him i heard of a shot that will stop the pregnancy but he's not happy about the possible side effects either. He wants to let it go I'm just concerned about the bitch having trouble delivering the pups due to the size difference and her age. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
It is not good for any dog to have pups on her first heat, the best thing to do is spay/abort right now before it's too late. There is no reason to breed dogs with out a purpose and bringing more mixed bred mutts into the world is doing nothing but filling up the shelters. :( This makes me really sad, the whole thing could have been avoided so easily.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
She is way too young, she will most likely not be a good mother and reject all the pups cause she'll have no clue what to do.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
You could always just hope the breeding doesn't take since she is so young but I would spay and abort. Sounds like your friend has no business breeding anyway since he did nit even know she was in season. Spaying and aborting the litter is the best thing to do.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
Sounds like the whole lot need fixed, why di y'all have a bunch of intact mutts anyway!?! I'm sorry I'm normally nicer but agreed please spay/abort the female the shelters are killing far to many dogs daily to bring more mixed breeds into this world!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
How canhe not know she was in heat? its obvious when mine are. I agree with everyone above. This isnt a good situation.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I agree with everyone else.

He should abort the litter.

If he don't know she in heat he don't have breeding knowledge

This type stuff is what gives responsible people with intact dogs a bad name. Like none ot us can control our dogs procreation.

You should consider getting the male altered.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Yep spay/abort.There is no reason for her to have these pups.Like what was already said,she may reject them,if she can even have them.Who knows what kind of complications can arise.
Your friend sounds like he has no business to breed.1 he owns a mixed breed dog,why would he want to bring more mixed breeds dogs into the world that have no purpose other than being pets.There are plenty of good pet dogs in shelters and rescues waiting to get homes.2 if he can't even tell when his bitch is in heat then he has no clue what to do if there are any problems that arise with the birth or the pups

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
yeah, agree with anyone, how can he NOT know she was in heat. Seems like he has no business trying to be a breeder right now or in the near future, spay now and save the pup from a possible hard birth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts