Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I get my dog ears done after 12 weeks and have never heard of it getting done younger. I don't know for sure but these pups look about 6 wks old and is this to young to have ears done? They actually look younger than 6 weeks to me but I will go with 6 wks. at the oldest

They do look awfully cute but I have never seen it done this young.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I have seen some pups done very young, about the same age as these pups. Im no expert on ear cropping, but I dont think it really has any affect on the dogs. The only dogs Ive seen done this young usually have a very short crop like the "battle crop". They may do it so young because the cartledge hasnt begun to harden yet. But as I said before Im no expert. Just my 2 cents. Hopefully someone else can be a little more informative.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just wondering because if you can get them done that young I'll stop waiting till they are 12 weeks lol.. I am gonna ask the vet but I have talked to vets before that will not do it before 12 weeks.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you paid the the right price you can get anything done.
I wonder if you can get a proper sized crop that young. Would it stand? I don't figure it would hurt any more if anything I would think it would hurt less. I am hoping to talk to someone who has done it this young.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
I had a schnauzer pup done this young... I had a crappy vet though too... his ears were all messed up. The vet I use now waits until they're about 4 months old because the cartiledge is harder and she can judge the right crop for the dogs ear set and head shape. I vote sticking with the vet you do now since you know he/she is tried and true.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts