Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if this is a good weight for our little girl? she is short and stocky. pics of her in my photo album ( Roxy )

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
That doesn't sound so off..

Zoe got spayed about 3 weeks ago and she was 44lbs. at 6 months old..I believe she has put some weight on since then...lol

·
Registered
771 Posts
thats decent, should end up being right around the 55lb range.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I guess it all deends on the bloodlines and what her parents looked like. What does the vet say about her weight?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the vet likes her weight. we don't know what her parents look like, we got her from this lady that went to kentucky and got Roxy then when she came home her husband said Roxy had to go. my son goes to school with her son and we are trying to find out more about Roxy's bloodline.

·
Registered
13 Posts
usually what ever the weight is at 6months, double that and that should be there adult weight. The weight your dog is now sounds about right

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
usually what ever the weight is at 6months, double that and that should be there adult weight. The weight your dog is now sounds about right
Actually that is incorrect you take the weight at 4 months and double it to get an approximate adult weight. So if you kept a record of her weight at 4 months that would give you a better estimate. Since you don't have papers or info on the heritage it is probably the best way to guess.

Most purebred APBTs are between 30-60lbs give or take a few lbs as adults.

What counts is that she is happy and healthy so if the vet says she is fine I wouldn't worry about it. Her proportions and overall health are more important than just the actual weight alone.:woof:

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
You can't compare your dogs weight and size to other dogs unless you are comparing dogs from the same line that have been consistently line bred. There are so many factors that come into play.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Weight

MY PIT IS A BOY N HE IS 5 MONTHS AND ABOUT 55 LBS DOES THIS MEAN HES GONNA BE A BIG BOY? WHAT IS THE AVERAGE WEIGHT FOR A 5 MONTH PIT?

·
Courage
3,052 Posts
Like everybody else is saying, it all depends on how she's bred. I had to start working 60 hours a week to get my girl that heavy lol. Couch time can really put it on 'em quick.

·
Registered
520 Posts
my girl is 10 months and 55lbs but i let her get a lil chunky for the winter her mother was 40lbs and her dad was in the high 50's low 60's

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
ok looks liek this post turned into a weight contest....:hammer:

to teh OP, ur dog sounds right on track. the way i see it, if she is healthy and happy she is at a fine weight. i dont weigh kenya anymore, becuz that doesnt matter. ill weigh her at year but there is no reason to weigh them unless ur showing or ur trying to prove something by having a 100lb dog ya know.

not going to argue about about this with you. However, I said USUALLY 6months.
i must say... it is 4 months. i dont know wher u got ur info but someone fed u lies my friend:roll:

·
Registered
7 Posts
well my pit is tiny compared to everyones pit in here, he is just over 6months and weighs right around 45lbs. but he is not built to be a big dog lol. i just wish he could get at least 70 to 80lbs. lol

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
6 months and 45lbs is PERFECT! if u wanted and 80lb dog you should have chosen an AmBully. APBT arent meant to be 80lbs, and if your chosing for size then why did u get an APBT? were u not aware that APBTs dont grow to be big dogs? did u think APBT and Ambullys were teh Same "pitbull" they are two very different dogs in alot of differnt ways, but visbile differences are the first to be noticed. i dont mean to jump down ur throat but its upsetttin to see taht u chose your dog for size and not for teh breed itself.

my dog is 7months and around 40lbs and i think she looks perfect! idk, you should really research the breed BEFORE gettin one as a pet... ANYBREED for that matter...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts