Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our new 8 week old pitbull has gotten sick about 5 times now in a period of a few hours now. We are not sure if the food is making him sick or if he's eating too much or if he gotten into something that has made him sick. What he coughs up is a light brown and it has his Puppy Beneful chunks in it. We're so worried should we take him to the vet?!:(:confused:

·
Super Moderator
5,299 Posts
This being Saturday night it's going to be hard to get him into anything but an expensive emergency vet. I would suggest picking up his food bowl and not letting him eat anything more tonight, even treats. DO keep the water bowl down so he can drink if he wants.
See how he is in the morning. If he's still throwing up food or bile I would see if I could find a clinic to bring him to for evaluation. If not, give him just a little meal in his bowl, a few pieces, then wait and see how that settles in his stomach. If after an hour or so he seems alright, try a little more, you get the drift.
It could have been something he ate outside that is causing it. You want to make sure he doesn't have a blockage in his digestive track by something he ate. Watch his bowel habits and make sure that it's normal.
Please keep us posted on how he's doing.

Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts