Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, So I am starting to get real annoyed. I am patient with my little girls. I love them truly but I don’t know what to do . They have a love and hate relationship. My dog gets jealous when attention is directed towards her sister. My dads dog is chill but sometimes stays away because my dog gets jealous and aggressive. I stop her from doing that. I literally had to separate them because they fight in the middle of the night. I don’t really want to cage them but I noticed bite marks on ones neck and a bite mark on ones ear and head. This behavior is getting out of hand. I feel they need behavioral school or something . They listen when I tell them to stop but the moment I let them outside to play or just chilling around the house they sleep laying in each other and three hours later they are back at it. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
Bull breeds are genetically predisposed to dog aggression. It's not something that can be trained out. Unfortunately society today has minimized the genetics of these breeds and tout the false "it's all in how you raise them" mantra. This has caused many people like yourself to get multiples or get another dog with their bull breed, and not be aware of the potential for fights. Crate and rotate is a lifestyle many of us live or have lived. You can work on training them to focus on something else, or you can crate and rotate them. They should never be left alone together unsupervised and you should invest in a break/parting stick and learn to use it.

·
Super Moderator
5,404 Posts
Welcome to GoPitBull TeeD. Excellent advice given above. Strongly advise not leaving them together when you are not in the room with them and pick up a few break sticks. Them watch some videos on how to use them. Keep one close by throughout the house. Also, remove and source of jealousy like toys, treats etc.

Joe

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Sound advice given. I urge you to take it serious and do not leave them together un attended. Personally I wouldn't have them together at all as all it takes is one fight to end one or both of thier lives. Training a dog is important, but training is for having control over your dog, not taking away thier natural behaviours when you are not present.

Reactions: EckoMac
1 - 4 of 4 Posts