Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 8 week old puppy started having clear slimy diarrhea today. There seems to be a little bit of feces with the slime, but mostly slime. I havent seen him eat today. He just gets up, does his business and goes back to sleep. Something to worry about or just being paranoid?

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
What color is this slime? Since the puppy is so young things can go down hill very fast. I would take your pup to the vet just to be certain everything is OK.

·
Registered
859 Posts
If he's loosing energy then u may want to take him to the vet don't feed him his usual food I know canned pumpkin or white rice not cooked soaked in water serve him the water only! helps with diarhrea. U could also feed him white rice (cooked) and very lil chicken shredded. U don't want to feed him to heavily right now but if he is loosing energy def take him to the vet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
the slime is clear in color. I will take him to the vet in the morning. I've only had him for a week and he sleeps alot during the day. He started to throw up early this morning, but nothing came up. That was the only time he tried to throw up.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Has he had any vaccinations? It sorta sounds like Parvo to me. I wish you the best. Please update up as to how he is doing?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've only had him for a week today.
@My Mikado - Thats what I was thinkin also, but he onlly threw up one time and nothin came up when he did. No, he hasnt had his vac's yet. Late lastnite and just a lil while ago, I soaked his puppy food in milk and he ate pretty good. His stool is solid again and his energy is back. I think he may have gottin into something that upset his stomach. I think I'm still gonna take him to the vet (Banfield) and get him on a plan to start his vac's. I have to take one of my other dogs there this morning for her yearly full exam anyways.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
This always surprises me that you have vets open on Sunday. This would never happen here in MN.

Glad to hear he ate something. Please let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well Petsmart is open on Sunday and people bring their pets in, and if they want to make money they'll open..

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Throwing up is not a good sign. Make sure there is no blood in the stool either.
Parvo is easy to catch when they're young.
Yeah,we have vets open on Sunday here too....Not mine,but other ones are.
I chose my vet,cause she works with bullseye pit rescue,she specializes in pits.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Glad he got a clean bill of health.

I guess maybe there is a petsmart in the cities which is like 6.5hrs away. Most everythng except the box stores are closed here on Sundays.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He started again Monday and took him back to the vet. They did a bacterial stool test and he has coccidiosis. He is doin better with meds. Cant put him on a health plan until he is better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts