Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a male pup almost 10 weeks old that I've had since 7 weeks old that I've been trying to house break. Recently hes started going to my back sliding door when he needs to poop and will run around in circles and whine or jump at the door letting me know he wants out. When he has to pee however if I'm not watching him he will just walk up to a random spot and pee and continue on like nothing happens, all in a matter of 5-8 seconds or so. Another thing he is doing is, I will put him outside to go and leave him out for 15-30 minutes to go and once I let him in he will start sniffing around after a few seconds and pee in the house after just letting him back in.

Just having a hard time understanding why he lets me know when he has to poop but will just stroll around the house peeing everywhere thinking that is fine.

·
Rather be hunting/fishing
401 Posts
at 10 weeks, I would bet he could hold it for like 3 hours at max, if your getting him out more than that. I would say he is ether marking his terrority or he hasn't put it together that he should pee outside.

generally this is what I do while they are really young. outside every 30minutes, 15minutes after eating or drinking anything (also put him in a crate till you take him out). you need to praise him and/or give treats when he goes outside. and when he pees inside, just simply say no in a firm tone, then take him outside on leash for 10minutes or so. the leash is to keep him from playing, cause if you take him out side and let him play after peeing he will think its a reward.

use the search and look for crate training. it will be a life saver.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
yeah key is staying on top of it and bringing him out before he needs to go out like Vilebeast said. Don't just let him roam free, then you don't know if he has gone, plus if you get him used to walks and use the same word all the time he will start to know what you want from him and go on command.

For now, just take him out every hour if he has to go or not and when he goes give lots of praise and a bit of cheese or hot dog or some other reward the he loves. key is to get him out before he thinks he has to go himself.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just took him for a 20 minute walk, pooped half way through. Get back in the house for 6 or 7 minutes and he pees on the floor. =(

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Well I walk my boy to the same spot every time we go outside. Does he go the bathroom on your walk? I would keep him outside until he goes. I am sorry I hope other people have tips, I did not have an issue with my boy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I walk my boy to the same spot every time we go outside. Does he go the bathroom on your walk? I would keep him outside until he goes. I am sorry I hope other people have tips, I did not have an issue with my boy.
Sometimes he goes and other times he don't. Seems hit and miss right now.

·
Banned
18 Posts
I had the same problem with my pup. I just never came inside until she peed. Even if it took hours. After one hour she peed. I praise her n go inside. Took 3 days straight. No free roaming in the house. Gives u control until they understand to pee outside

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had the same problem with my pup. I just never came inside until she peed. Even if it took hours. After one hour she peed. I praise her n go inside. Took 3 days straight. No free roaming in the house. Gives u control until they understand to pee outside
Does no free roaming mean caged our just in the same room with you?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts