Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I was walking my APBT puppy this morning as per usual we were just doing laps around the block. My dog is quite content and is just starting to catch on to "Heel" and staying on the sidewalk beside me. Anyway I come around the corner and see that there are a couple of kids up the way who get excited and want to see the puppy (the older sister- though still young scolds her saying not to approach strange dogs) so the two remain sitting on the step and playing with there chalk- the house door is open.

As I go to pass the house a cat runs out and latches all four sets of claws into my dog, cutting open her face just below her eye. I kick the cat off my pup, only to have it come back and try the same thing again. This time I give the cat a good ol' soccer kick and it flies several feet back into the yard. At this point the mother runs outside screaming that I was swearing in front of her kids, and blaming me and my puppy for the confrontation, (last I checked sidewalks were public property :confused: ). Its ridiculous to think that my puppy would be put down if it ever attacked a strangers pet like that- but this cat just gets cottled and will continue to roam free without consequence.

... just my bit of excitement for the morning.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Poor pup! My Bee just got mauled by a cat too. On the 4th I went with Bee over to Grandmas and forgot they had this stray cat and it latched onto her face. She of course did nothing she is well socialized with animals but it got her good.

Make sure to keep those scratches clean.

·
Banned
666 Posts
Hmmmm (tongue in cheek) Maybe you should call the Shelter after that attack cat, I mean it could have been your leg it wrapped around! I've heard cats sink their teeth in all the way to the gums!! Go ahead now, cause if that was a pit that ran out of the house they would sure be called out to investigate.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Is your pup okay?

You really do have the option to report that. Part of the reason there is no consequence is because people don't generally report cat attacks. :) If nothing else, animal control should quarantine the cat for 10 days, which would be a pain in the butt if the owner is used to letting him roam at will. I'd make a stink about it, were it me. Depending on how old your pup is, you don't want him/her to be traumatized because some fool can't control their animal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts