Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you would know that last week there was a fatal attack in Australia involving a toddler and a mixed breed dog that happened to have APBT in its mix [APBT/Mastiff] it was the first fatality we have had in our country involving any APBT or mix of and it was in every paper and on every station with renewed calls to make the rules stricter and to make the responsible owners suffer because of a select few idiots whom cannot control let alone understand the needs of the breeds they have[this goes for all breeds] .
The biggest problem our country is having right now is the backyard breeders breeding their dogs with little to no real reasons other than money and the notoriety of owning a "pit bull". Shamefully these back yard breeders plastered their facebook status updates with stuff that was anti BSL, but at the same time doing nothing more than putting in concrete the types of owners that are attracted to this breed here and everywhere else. The irony of this is that these people are the main ones contributing to the problem down here breeding litter after litter based on nose colour and the fact they get a wallet full of cash after they have hocked their wares to anyone whom will ask them for a "pittie" .

During the tension here i kept my mouth zipped for once and sat back and watched the circus and the reaction it had from the haters to the breed lovers, from the peddlers to so called breed experts and what they had to say, it was nothing new to me just a little more heat than normal.

Yesterday i noticed that a person i do not know well but have alot of respect for had had enough and had decided to make a video on his own take on the situation and wanted to portray the dogs they way they are in his life and the way he thinks they should be seen, as a loving family dog that is really just misunderstood.
This friend does a lot for the APBT down here is the very first to put his hand up to help anyone with re-homing dogs that fit into the breed label, and has helped train "untrainable dogs" including highly DA examples and ends up with a social dog that can be around others with supervision. He also arranges owners to meet up to show the true face of the breed in the public eye down here for example the "million paws walk" which is an annual event where anyone and any dog is welcome.
I think he needs a pat on the back and i also would like to simply show some users of this site some Aussie owners and some Aussie dogs while your there.
Please check the link out , and enjoy the vid he has made.

THE "PIT BULL" PROBLEM - YouTube

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Great vid. It looks like your mate has some other good ones on there too. I'll have to check out some more of his stuff.

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
liked and shared! A really nice vid!

·
Registered
117 Posts
That was great. It really irritates me when ppl go screaming for a ban when the attack that happens is by a mutt. Why aren't they also asking for the banning of mastiff as well?! :mad:

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Welcome to life, ignorance is leading. Good post Junkyard!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
says removed by user ???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts