Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The M.F. Problem
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just checking out local news and found this... It just kills me to know that so many dogs HAD to die, who knows how many have already died because of these a-holes?

http://www.kpho.com/news/16135647/detail.html

This one is pretty much the same story with a little more detail.http://www.abc15.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=f1b9ec92-d668-4895-b801-ca8d191b9bc7

I can't find the story online, but lastnight I saw a report about a boy getting attacked by an APBT. : ( I started yelling at the TV to show me pictures, I don't ever believe the media when they accuse pits of such acts... But then they showed pics of this beautiful rednose fawn! They euthanized the bitch in a matter of hours and come to find out, at the end of the report, it was all because the girl was just trying to protect her newborn puppies!!! So who's to blame? Certainly not the dog or the child. His stupid f***ing parents! The gov needs to abolish BSL and start up PSL, so dumb assed people can no longer own any breed of dog. Am I right?

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
PSL lmao:rofl: Yep not everyone can or should own certain breeds and this is not with the APBT alone but many many breeds require specific owners.

·
*Luke & Jesse*
1,372 Posts
Thats terrible. I always start yelling at the T.V. too show mw a picture. What was the kid doing near the dog anyways. blame the parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Courage
3,052 Posts
Am I right?[/quote]

Well that depends on who you are calling "a-holes". The defendants or the Hsus and the local law enforcement involved in the illegal search and seizure. In this country we have a thing called "due process" and another called "innocent until proven guilty". These dogs were the property of the defendants and destroyed before they were ever PROVEN guilty. I agree - they are a-holes. A-holes who may be getting ready to lose their asses in a counter suit. As far as the other story goes, I say stupid people get what they deserve every day. It's called natural selection.
But no, I do not agree that the government should step in and regulate livestock ownership. You never know when you may unknowingly fall into the category of unfit owner. These new laws always seem to have a way of screwing the responsible owners as well. Remember, if Peta had their way, everyone with a chain set-up would be a criminal...

·
The M.F. Problem
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
bullybabe said:
Thats terrible. I always start yelling at the T.V. too show mw a picture. What was the kid doing near the dog anyways. blame the parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He was screwin' around just being a kid. From what I understand him and a friend were playing right next to the litter in, get this, the backyard (Phoenix, AZ!) and the boy fell in the welping/nesting area and mother just went nuts. So we have irresponsible owners , for some reason they bred, and they also happen to be bad parents too.?! That poor boy. His face looks like a baseball now, his dog is dead, and these pups hadn't been weaned off the tit yet. GRRR. Just more negative stigma to burden the innocent APBTs. See, it really isn't any of my business how these people conduct their lives, but it's nimrods like this that are bringing my city one step closer to a pit ban. And ofcourse, the media is eating it up. A couple of months back the media was loving this "pit bull" attack, and after looking around for proof that it was even a pit, I found an anti-pitbull site online that had the article. Just as the article was going to end, and it was entitled "Another Pit Bull Attacks", the writer stated that it was not in fact a pit bull. It was actually an American Bull dog! The writer continued to say that it was close enough, just a bigger, more muscular version of the breed!? And why would somebody hate pit bulls so much that they would blame any dog bite on APBTs? Because of buttholes like the ones in these kinda stories (the kid). I'm starting to rant, aren't I? I just go crazy over crap like this. When an innocent animal dies and an innocent child gets hurt I can't help but get really pissed off. I dunno. Just venting

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
It is awful. I hate when this sh!t happens. It could of and should of been prevented. But in the end the animal always pays the prie for our own stupidity.

·
*Luke & Jesse*
1,372 Posts
Wouldn't you want to keep the mom and puppies in a separate place. Somewhere where the kids can't play around them.

Reactions: buggleblue

·
Courage
3,052 Posts
bullybabe said:
Wouldn't you want to keep the mom and puppies in a separate place. Somewhere where the kids can't play around them.
Yeah, that WOULD have been the resposible thing to do. Funny how people just don't get it.

·
The M.F. Problem
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
buzhunter said:
Yeah, that WOULD have been the resposible thing to do. Funny how people just don't get it.
I agree, that's why pointed it out. It has been hotter than hell out here during the days, well over the limit for pups, and it's been cold and windy at night. It's my understanding that there was no shelter or heating pads too! What I don't get is the fact that these people were not charged with anything just because they surrendered the bitch. Oh, by the way... They kept the puppies.:eek:

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
reddoggy said:
They kept the puppies.:eek:
Best of luck to those poor things:rain: . Hopefully good people find them.

·
The M.F. Problem
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
american_pit13 said:
Best of luck to those poor things:rain: . Hopefully good people find them.
I sure hope so. Given their area of town though.....
I think that the H.S. should have taken them, it's mandatoy for them to stay with te mother till 8wks, these people weren't responsible in the first place, who'd really believe that they're gonna bottle feed and do all that nurturing that comes maturnaly.?!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts