Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've read over the RMB web site as it pertains to the "raw" feeding. I understand the concepts and benefits and I dig them. However, that form of feeding would cost me hundreds of dollars. I simply cant afford to buy all that stuff every month..

That being said, I was going to go with Natures Variety medallions as my feed. In my theory it should be better than kibble correct? And that brand is a 5 star brand that comes in 4 different varieties. The lil guys 8 weeks old and has been fed kibble. As I've mentioned on a previous post I have some arcana kibble and the medallions on hand now. Ive given him a small amount of the kibble along with a medallion for breakfast and for dinner and his stool hasn't changed. He's very lively which leads me to believe he isn't suffering from upset stomach as well. No puking. I was going to go with that game plan again for the next two days then start using just the medallions. I'm no expert in any way, to me that seems like a good transition though, since I'm getting no signs of complications and I'm a day in.

Moving on..I was reading on RMB that a puppy should be fed 10% of its body weight daily. So a ten pound dog would be fed a pound of food a day. Is that right?? That seems like a lot to me. As an example, that would be 16 Natures Variety Bison Medallions a day. I could be wrong, but to me that seems like a crap load for a ten pound dog. 16? Dog's gonna have protein farts like whoa and poopin like a yeti at that kinda intake if you ask me.

Anyway, I'm not a seasoned veteran in this arena and I know you folks are. So, any feed back would be awesome. Thanks in advance!!!!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I've read over the RMB web site as it pertains to the "raw" feeding. I understand the concepts and benefits and I dig them. However, that form of feeding would cost me hundreds of dollars. I simply cant afford to buy all that stuff every month..

That being said, I was going to go with Natures Variety medallions as my feed. In my theory it should be better than kibble correct? And that brand is a 5 star brand that comes in 4 different varieties. The lil guys 8 weeks old and has been fed kibble. As I've mentioned on a previous post I have some arcana kibble and the medallions on hand now. Ive given him a small amount of the kibble along with a medallion for breakfast and for dinner and his stool hasn't changed. He's very lively which leads me to believe he isn't suffering from upset stomach as well. No puking. I was going to go with that game plan again for the next two days then start using just the medallions. I'm no expert in any way, to me that seems like a good transition though, since I'm getting no signs of complications and I'm a day in.

Moving on..I was reading on RMB that a puppy should be fed 10% of its body weight daily. So a ten pound dog would be fed a pound of food a day. Is that right?? That seems like a lot to me. As an example, that would be 16 Natures Variety Bison Medallions a day. I could be wrong, but to me that seems like an crap load for a ten pound dog. 16? Dog's gonna have protein farts like whoa and poopin like a yeti at that kinda intake if you ask me.

Anyway, I'm not a seasoned veteran in this arena and I know you folks are. So, any feed back would be awesome. Thanks in advance!!!!
Honestly I have fed the natures variety medallions and those are very expensive. As your dog keeps growing he is going to have to eat more and more of them $$$. I really don't think he will get all he needs from just those medallions alone so I would keep supplementing with the kibble as well. If you are going to feed RMB's then do it the right way and go straight raw. I hear its not that expensive if you buy in bulk. ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hare Today, Gone Tommorow sells raw meat, check it out i feed kibble in the morning and raw at night. I have 3 dogs and they all do that. It is expensive, so are name brand clothes, going out to eat and all the other finer things in life. sacrifice a little for you dogs. they desearve it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts