Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an assistant trainer at the local animal shelter (Haven Humane Society), so I get to work with a huge variety of dogs. Today I took out a very nice, fun, zesty gal named Callie and got some fun pictures so I thought I'd share.

I have a thread on another forum and I post about the dogs that come through. I've been debating posting one on here, but didn't know if y'all would like it. It won't be purely Pit Bulls, and it won't be totally happy as shelter work isn't always. Not all dogs make it out, and usually it's the Pit Bulls that don't. But if you guys wouldn't mind, I will. Could be a helpful reminder for those who want to breed because their dogs are "such good family dogs" , as the vast majority of dogs that go through here are perfectly suitable family dogs. :/

As we all know, a tired dog is a happy dog. :tongue:

Play? (I have no clue what she was looking at, or if she was even looking at anything. lol )

Doesn't she just look so unhappy?

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
She's beautiful.....any potential adopters interested in her? What a sad reality of shelter dogs. I think it would be a great idea to have a thread for them. I love all dogs so I wouldn't mind seeing other breeds besides pit bulls. I also think it would be a nice way to remind people of irresponsible breeding.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
ur right! that is one happy dog lol.

and i think that it would be a great idea to post shelter dogs! people who just want a family pet would be pleasently surprised with what they find at the shelter. it took me several tries at several shelters to find my Odin, but the whole experience is very heartwarming and rewarding. take a scared skinny dog home and love him, care for him, and train him. then u will know how good rescuing feels. to love what somebody else couldn't be bothered to take care of.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts