Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so i think Scruffy needs to wear a sign that says "NOT DOG FRIENDLY" because it seems like every time we go on a walk, or in a public place there is SOMEONE who wants their dog to play with her, and wont listen to my when i say "NO she's not dog friendly" It's happened at least 4 times when people insist that my dog is dog friendly and allow their animal to approach mine which results in that animal being kicked away.I mean do they really think they no more about my dog than i do?

Sometimes i wish Scruffy would lunge and growl at other dogs, because than at least people wouldn't put their animals in harms way...Because Scruffy is very calm and will only react if the animal is in her face, she'll walk pass dogs tail wagging seeming like a very friendly happy go lucky dog, and she is, WITH PEOPLE.

Anyway this morning i'm walking Scruffy, and a lady with her Chi says "can you're dog play with mine?"
me:"No she isn't dog friendly, sorry"
her: "really she looks pretty friendly to me"
me:"oh well she's not" i took a few steps away from her hoping to continue with my walk
her:"what you're doing to her is cruel, are you trying to make her mean? you need to socialize your dog, it's not fair to her she obviously wants to play look at that tail wagging"
Me:"Her tail isn't wagging because she wants to play her tail is wagging because she's fantasizing about ripping your dogs f-ing head off"...
And i continued my walk

Okay so i went really over-board and i was very mean, and i probably was in the wrong for saying that. But it gets me so irritated, the sad thing is though, it seems like it might be the only way to get through to people. But this is the first time i reacted so badly..

I think i might just start walking Ace and Scruffy at the same time, because no one really asks Ace to play with their dog (though he's a lot more dog friendly than Scruffy is) So maybe people will listen if i'm walking my giant bully mutt...Which reminds me, i took him to work with me yesterday and someone asked "isn't that one of them dogs that are mixed with tigers"...He seemed really serious, i sure hope he wasn't..i told him as far as i know Ace is ALL dog...

But anyway does anyone else have this problem?

im not sure if i ever posted a pic of Scruffy on here;

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
no your doing right by warning and making others aware of her. if you invited the other dog in just to be mauled then you would not be so cool. i do try to get onyx friendly enough to be good natured to all the dogs we come accross. one of the dogs he knew last week took off after onyx and she didnt do anything to stop it. i yanked onyx above my head and the other dog still climbed me. i had to act like the dog was my worst enemy after i set onyx down inside a close truck and knee the shepperd in its damn chest. then the lady looked at me like i did something wrong.

even though i know 3 of the dogs the owners never mentioned that 1 of them was dog agressive...the shepperd got onyx twice, but what got me even more was looking at the douche owner standing on the side saying"ok thats enough get back here" and nothing else till the dog cought a knee in the throat

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Some people just will never listen. At least some will though. I always walk at on leash parks. Esp with my moms dog and people will always let there dogs run up to ours. I pick Molly(moms dog) up and they are like oh it's OK my dog is friendly. I tell them " She's not" and the look of horror on some of there faces. I hope it makes them a little more cautious in the future.

·
Registered
176 Posts
awesome!! i totally thought scruffy was the dog in your avatar until i scrolled down i literally woke up my pup laughing when i saw his pic. :D

not that he can't be DA, but that i had painted this picture in my head of this big scary pit

·
Registered
419 Posts
Me:"Her tail isn't wagging because she wants to play her tail is wagging because she's fantasizing about ripping your dogs f-ing head off"...
And i continued my walk
I know its wrong, but that reply you gave that stupid woman got me chuckling.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Best reply ever. lol
This totally something that I would say... that or just hit the broad for insinuating that I am being cruel to my dog. It's like telling a parent how they should raise their kids- You just don't do it!

·
RateMyPitbull.com Moderator
4,389 Posts
That happened to me once. It was an older lady with a dog she couldn't control. I was able to hold MJ's head still long enough for her to get her dog. Oh, it happened to me once @ the lake w/ Sadies, too. The people never asked me if their dogs could play w/ mine, they just let them go assuming that since they walk good & look well taken care of, they must be friendly.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Yep this happens to us all the time. Unfortunately, you're always the bad guy. You're the bad guy if you don't let their dogs play with yours and you'd also be the bad guy if your dog tears their dog a new one. You can't win.

205 Posts
Yep this happens to us all the time. Unfortunately, you're always the bad guy. You're the bad guy if you don't let their dogs play with yours and you'd also be the bad guy if your dog tears their dog a new one. You can't win.
You are so right. We use to hit a lot of conformation shows in the past, and even those people were ignorant. I would make sure my dogs were behaving and minding their own business. Then a dog would stick their nose all the way up my dog's butt while I was waiting at ringside. I can't tell you how many times I would have to say, "my dog is DA, please give us room". At places like petsmart and such, it is even worse. Good Luck! With a pitbull, you will always be the bad guy, either way, get used to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts