Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So many things happened today. My uncle passed away at 7am this morning.(I went home from work early)

I was a bit bummed already cause Bruno is sick. So I called my friend,and ended up talking to her mother.

Now her mom doesn't care for dogs. And we got on the topic of Pit bulls.
She had a bad experience with one a long time ago,and believed they were bred to kill.

As we were talking I mentioned Bruno and his CGC and Bruno being 55lbs.

She was like 'Wow that's really small for a pit bull" That's when I realized, She knew nothing about pit bulls.

So I spent over an hour educating her,and after I hung up,I was so happy. I've changed another person's view on the breed.

Come to find out the dog who attacked her,was a mastiff cross. She mentioned it being about 100lbs or more.

So I let her know right away,that a pit bull will almost never be over 60 lbs.

I also mentioned the temperament test,and how only Labs scored higher then the Pit bulls.

She realized the Media was just calling them Pit Bulls, cause they have no education on the breed,and what truly constitutes as a Pit Bull

It was a good end to a otherwise depressing day.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I am sorry about your uncle. ((hugs)).

It is good that you were able to shed some light on her view of Pit Bulls. :D

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah,it made my day a bit better. I think I'm in my denial stage. I spent the whole day out shopping....

·
Registered
100 Posts
My mom was just like that until I got Leah and know she loves pittys she calls Leah her grand puppy.I was attacked by a German shepard when I was 4 almost killed me but I never held a grudge against the breed .Iam just a dog person even after being attacked.some people are just close minded.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Her beef,was the dog came after her son,who dropped their poodle,and as they ran,their poodle got it's back broken. It lived,but it cost them a lot of money.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
So sorry about your uncle friend :( but at least he is pain free in a perfect state now. A little story about pit bull haterz... Lol. I moved in here before thanksgiving and about a week after I moved in my new roommate whom I had yet to officially meet walked in the door and scared george who was standing behind it and he growled and looked at her funny not having seem or smelled her before in his new home. She got all dramatic threw her hands up and walked around the table. Goes on to tell me that she 'doesn't do pit bulls' cus one almost took her eye out when she was 5. I was slightly irritated and responded- sorry... My name is becca btw... :D I know I know. Long story short she now loves them both, let's them in her room, took Lacey with her the othe day to drop her daughter off at school and is constantly talking to and petting them both. Lol @ 'i don't do pit bull' statements. Have you MET my dogs???

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Lol. Either way it wasn't mine obviously lmao. Best part- landlord here owns an old golden n she growled at her daughter when she was takin a tennis ball away. I made a big deal out of it... After I flew over the couch to stop what was goin on. Ugh. Dumb ppl.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh geez. I bet if the kid got bit,it would be the pit bull that did it too.
Goldens are a pain in the butt.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
H to the no. I watch George like a hawk cuz when she teased him with a toy one day she told me he bit her. While I was watching. Um no. The other dog is old crabby n showsy babies her teeth for just walkin close to her, god forbid they accidentally step on her tail or foot. Ugh. She showed me her teeth the other day. Bout fixed that myself but she's not mine...

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Oh Katie, I am so sorry to hear about yor uncle, my thoughts are withyou hun.

I am happy to hear that you shed some good light on our beloved breed, your friend's mom sounds like my grandma, her and my mom used to tell me all the time, that my dogs were gonna rip my face off, never had anything to do with any of my other dogs, now when they met Phoenix that chagned everything. Is one of my fave stories to tell, see my grandma in her late 70's, leaned over in the window of my car letting my big ole vicious pit bull lick her entire face, and her telling me "what, look at this face, lol" SO I understand, is wonderful sotry girl. Hugs

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Lol Katie. She's 14... Would probly kill her. That'll happen soon enough ;) lmao. He's fallen in love with my pups too... Maybe his next pup will be a pit bull... Oh beia... ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts