Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Hopefully this isn't riddled with misinformation and half-truths like the others I've seen.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Agreed with AusStaffy...
didn't check the link...but from what i've seen in the past...misinformation and hype is the most popularly spread garbage...hope this will be different

·
Registered
58 Posts
I heard of this film a few years ago. It was a local deal for me, it was debuted I believe at the Secret City Film Festival that is in Oak Ridge Tn. Which is only about 5 miles away from me. And I have a friend that supposedly knows Libby. Which is the maker of the film, she is a hometown lady so I'll see if I cant get in touch with her. Maybe get here on here and get a copy!

Here are a few links and a vid for those that are interested in it. And the facebook fan page.

For those that have any doubt in the movie I'd suggest reading these 2 links.
Beyond the myth of pitbulls: Punish the deed, not the breed
Libby Sherrill, Executive Producer, 'Beyond the Myth,' a Film About Pit Bulls and Breed Discrimination

Beyond the Myth The Movie

Beyond the Myth FAN PAGE (FaceBook)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yep, that was the problem. Irresponsible ownership. When I had my pitbull puppy, everyone assumed that it will be the most dangerous dog that I've ever had. But nope, I said that it is based upon how you treat your dog. I have heard of dog aggression but I think dogs only need our time, love and affection. An example is a child killed by a pitbull here 2 or 3 years ago. The city passed an ordinance banning the breeding of pitbulls. Did they forget to ask the conditions of the dog? it was thin, underfed and was always left in the corner. So, when the child came and taunted the dog. WELL, it retaliated.
So, the owners must be to blame. not the dog!

·
Registered
23 Posts
sometimes it might just be the dog itself period, but any dog can become HA without the proper training,socialization and supervision....even the beloved APBT. are we lying to ourselves or just trying to ignore the truth. fact or fiction? propaganda on both sides? Are they being bias when they put all the blame on dog fighters when irresponsible or ignorant owners are just as guilty?
HA dogs culled? ....game dogs not crossed with other breeds?
Fox's Hunting Dogs,Hog Catchdog Pitbulls and Dogfight History
Man Biters
DogsBite Blog - DogsBite.org
...sad that sometimes it still comes down to the dog having to pay the ultimate price for irresponsibility and ignorance on both sides

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
i hope it an ok movie and not full of crap like the others!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Ive heard about this movie and remember the premier in TN but never heard any reviews about it. Would love to check it out if anyone has info.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Hopefully this isn't riddled with misinformation and half-truths like the others I've seen.
Yeah I've seen that in a lot of documentaries. I see a lot of them sugar coating things, and not mentioning important aspects....I've even saw a documentary that said "Pit bulls have a 1,600lb bite" What? Where'd you hear that one guys?

I really hope they do a good job, I can't read the links from this computer. But I'll check it out when I get home.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Doesn't seem to be a way to just buy the movie. Bummer.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Gah, did you read this little snippet?

Beyond the Myth: A Documentary about Pit Bulls and Breed Discrimination

"Fast-forward two years. Fern has become a great dog and my canine best friend. Everyone who meets her loves her. Despite our frequent trips to dog parks and outings with friends, Fern, like most canines, gets quite lonely without the company of others of her kind, so I've been looking to adopt another dog."

Even when people try to do good sometimes they just don't fully understand what they are doing or talking about.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
^Yeah this is the kind of thing I meant. I'll have a look at the movie at some stage but I'm not feeling too optimistic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts