Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got to go up to Shingletown for the day and hang out where there weren't others. Which is great, I hate campgrounds.. I'm one of those who goes camping, not just for the woods, but to get away from people.

I took Dakota with us and he LOVED it, he's a great camping/hiking dog. Won't go where he can't see me (I still watch him though of course), good recall, and alerts to odd smells and noises.

Being a good boy on his tie out while we unloaded stuff.

Checking out the surroundings, there were little patches of snow left over from winter.

Asked him for a random down(I like to toss 'em out randomly to see if he's paying attention :p)

A larger patch of snow

Checking in on grandma

Being a patient boy, I made him pose a lot

The surroundings

A very large tree trunk

The Meadow beside us

The same tree (Redwood?) Dakota was sitting next to earlier

Another random down :p

Reminds me of that famous bigfoot recording lol

Can you spot the mutt? :)

Dakota's a posing pro

He... derped a lot during this trip.

As seen here, falling onto a log.

And this just looks weird.. lip got caught on a tooth

Being adventurous

Another derp

Found a spot where the current was strong

You gonna stand there and watch or help me?

He jumped in again and decided to be chicken and run around. lol

Silly Dakota, you can't be serious.

Harassing grandma

Mom! I got you something!

See Ma, I did good?

Decided to go on a walk

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Get ready for another derp!

After I got him off he walked off like nothing happened, I had him lay down on his side and I checked him out. He was fine

My grandmother's friend caught a fish, so I put Dakota on his tie out... he's kind of obsessed with fish and fishing poles/lures. Which ain't good, don't want no salmon poisoning!

Come on man, just one bite?

A small lake we found on our walk

We both derped here... sat in sap... not hard to tell we haven't spent much time in the woods. I just played around with my pellet gun, shot some targets, did some fun training. (Toss a bottle in the water, shoot it, release Dakota to retrieve) We tried going squirrel hunting but had no luck. Though Dakota did friggen awesome, I had him heel next to me, which just requires him stick close, but instead he offered eye contact and followed me in a very precise manner. I also had him sit and wait while I crept through the tighter areas then called him to a heel again.

I'm actually going to look into taking a hunter's safety course and start hunting so I can feed my two raw.

Carpenter ants are big mofos

Being adventurous once more

And he didn't fall, cheers for a moment of nonderpiness.

Thanks for lookings! :)

I'm having some issues with Photobucket so some might not show up.. :/

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
awesome shots! thanks for sharing. im guessing that by Shingletown, u mean shingle springs? i love the foothills. we might be goin up to Icehouse soon, but it will be 4wheelin and im not sure if Odin is well trained enough for that adventure... lol

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
looks like you all had a blast!! Looks so pretty where you were. Love that last picture of the two of you. so cute! HAHA love his ears when he was jumping over the log. So fun! I could never hunt, would hate the cleaning factor lol good for you for looking for lessons!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Beautiful pics girl!! Where's Alice in all of this??? LOL!! Two of them don't get along huh? Love the pics of you and Dakota! I love the woods and nature......so JEALOUS :)

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awesome shots! thanks for sharing. im guessing that by Shingletown, u mean shingle springs? i love the foothills. we might be goin up to Icehouse soon, but it will be 4wheelin and im not sure if Odin is well trained enough for that adventure... lol
Thank you! I love the forests, it's gorgeous country. And I'd love to go 4wheelin', such a blast, but I don't own a quad.
And I mean Shingletown :) Much farther up north
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&t...X&oi=local_group&ct=image&sqi=2&ved=0CJoBELYD

looks like you all had a blast!! Looks so pretty where you were. Love that last picture of the two of you. so cute! HAHA love his ears when he was jumping over the log. So fun! I could never hunt, would hate the cleaning factor lol good for you for looking for lessons!
It was gorgeous country! :) I was surprised with by the variation, I expected just thick woods, but there was also the meadow and such.
I never really wanted to hunt because I didn't like the thought of taking an animal's life for sport, but if it's for feeding my dogs I can do it.

Beautiful pics girl!! Where's Alice in all of this??? LOL!! Two of them don't get along huh? Love the pics of you and Dakota! I love the woods and nature......so JEALOUS :)
Thanks! :D Alice and Dakota don't get along, but also Alice isn't by any means a good hiking dog. There was only room for 1 dog.. barely even, we both road in the tight back part of the cab. He was a trooper, I hated it though.
Plus Alice would have to be leashed/tethered most of the time. She'd probably get all prissy about the cold snow too. :rolleyes:

Dakota benefits from it more I guess you could say. :)

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
aw yes it is much further north. i might have to trek up that way. and we dont 4wheel with quads. its all about the toyotas lol. just my BFs rig is a standard cab with only 2 seats and flat bed. no where for Odin to sit and i dont think he would do good following on foot. lol

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
I LOVE these pictures!!!! Ugh! I need another vacation...and I want to go camping just like this! Thanks for helping me pick out what I want to do :) looks like you both had a lot of fun :)

·
Super Moderator
4,605 Posts
WOW!
I'm so jealous right now.
Beautiful pics. Dakota always looks so majestic, and then the next pic shows him falling off, or on something. LMAO!

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Beautiful pics Celeste :) looks like you guys had a great day. Gosh Shingletown is such a nice peaceful place for a getaway :) our friend has a cabin up there and we got to go up and use it for a weekend last summer. It was so nice.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Great pictures t looks so nice out there.

Reactions: Celestial88

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Great pictures Celeste! Thanks so much for sharing these. I feel as though I was there with you after looking through your pix. I gotta post up some new shots of Roller and Ices sometime soon.

Reactions: Celestial88

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh goodness! I didn't realize others replied :eek:

I LOVE these pictures!!!! Ugh! I need another vacation...and I want to go camping just like this! Thanks for helping me pick out what I want to do :) looks like you both had a lot of fun :)
You'll probably be pleasantly pleased unless you like luxury. ;) I love it up there, so lovely... Not a fan of doing my buis in the forests, but hey, I guess that's the price to pay.

Love the pictures it was beautiful...loved the mountains off in the distance..that Redwood was huge...thanks for posting..
Glad you liked 'em, the Redwood was stunning in person. Heck it all was, even the big arse ants. I could've done without the meatbees though.

WOW!
I'm so jealous right now.
Beautiful pics. Dakota always looks so majestic, and then the next pic shows him falling off, or on something. LMAO!
That sums him up pretty well! Lol! When he's serious... he's serious.. but as an overall, lax Dakota, he's pretty damn clumsy.

Beautiful pics Celeste :) looks like you guys had a great day. Gosh Shingletown is such a nice peaceful place for a getaway :) our friend has a cabin up there and we got to go up and use it for a weekend last summer. It was so nice.
Thank you! That's the nice thing about our area... though the cities are full of irritating idiots, you've got the mountains for awesome getaways. I'm hecka jealous that you get to stay in a cabin. That must be great!

Great pictures t looks so nice out there.

Great pictures Celeste! Thanks so much for sharing these. I feel as though I was there with you after looking through your pix. I gotta post up some new shots of Roller and Ices sometime soon.
Thank you! I'll keep an eye out for your thread then ;) (It's probably up now huh? I need to check here more)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts