Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So since I hadn't written an intro on here yet, I figured I would introduce you all to Lego

Last summer, a little red 5 month old pit bull pup was brought into an emergency clinic in our area. The story was (and the story continues to change, so I'm going with the first one I heard), was that her owners had been trying to train her to be afraid of the car so that'd she would move out of their way. This puppy apparently frustrated the owners by not listening, and being "too mouthy", and so their next course of action was to run her over to teach her a lesson. When she was brought in, she had a tire tread bruised across her stomach, road rash, broken teeth, and a hind leg that was so badly mangled, it was beyond just a simple casting. The owners wanted her put to sleep, but after seeing how happy she was even in her state - with no pain meds, the staff decided that they couldn't do it. My older sister - who works at the clinic, called me up immediately and asked if I would volunteer to take on the puppy's surgery bills if the owners would agree to sign her over to me. Now, I hadn't been planning on adopting a pittie until that coming winter.. And wasn't in any state at that point to take on a dog.. But when i saw her picture, I couldn't say no. After all, it was either that or euthanasia. It took the staff 2 hours to convince the owners to give her to me, rather than put her to sleep.. but in the end, they came through! The next day I went to visit what was to be MY dog.. I got to give her a couple quick pets before they prepped her for surgery. It took us 4 hours to remove the leg, but we did it! Her leg was so badly turned to mush, that we were finding fragments embedded in her surrounding muscle. I sat with her head in my lap for over an hour on the floor as she woke up, wailing.. And it broke my heart to see her in so much pain. The next day however, when I came to pick her up.. She RAN out of her kennel and hobbled across the parking lot, eager to go for a drive It took her no time at all to walk properly.. The only things she needed work on was how to go to the bathroom (she used to just fall over and pee/poo on herself, because she couldnt balance).. But healing was another matter. Even at 2 or 3 times the sedation dose, she was a total spaz being on kennel rest, and managed to rip out stitches on several occasions, as well as get a massive infection after getting feces in her stitches.. But, 4-6 weeks later she had them removed and hasnt stopped running ever since

Here's a little video I put together of her first year with me.. The very first picture is the one sent to me the night of her accident. Who could say no to that face?

Enjoy!

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Welcome to GP :D

Shes a cutie and thank you for volunteering to help her and take her in.. shes very lucky to have a new owner like you ;)

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
This put tears in my eyes! I cannot believe such horrible people exist. Thank you for rescuing her and giving her a new life! :) You and your team are amazing for saving her life.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
awww what a great video, and a wonderful rescue story, thank you for sharing your girl, she looks like a wonderful dog!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts