Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be getting a male Pit Bull from a breeder probably this weekend... He is A.A.P.B.A registered, ive never heard of that registry before, i looked it up and it looked like a good registry but i wanted to know for sure. also with that registry could i also have him A.D.B.A dual registered?
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Its a crap registry, sorry. I mean no offense but its about as credible as the CKC. UKC and ADBA will not recognize paperwork from this registry. For APBT's if you want a registered pup stick with UKC or ADBA as their main registry.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a crap registry, sorry. I mean no offense but its about as credible as the CKC. UKC and ADBA will not recognize paperwork from this registry. For APBT's if you want a registered pup stick with UKC or ADBA as their main registry.
ok thanks.... the parents have a 8 generation pedigree, would that be enough to have the pup registered with ADBA?...sorry i know nothing about registries and such.is there anyway to have him registered with a good registry?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
No. The ADBA/UKC will NOT take paperwork from the AAPBA or CKC.
If you want a pup with a good registry behind it...don't buy this one. There is NO WAY to get him registered with a decent registry off of that paperwork.

The only option that would be available to you would be what is call Limited Privilages, and your dog must be fixed for that.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
The UKC and ADBA will let you get limited registration, but that will require you getting your dog neutered. If he'd registered AAPBA only, you're severely limiting yourself. No reputable registry will put any stock in AAPBA registration.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts