Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this morning, I took Whitman for a walk on our normal route which is about 3 miles. Its a good loop we do either walking or jogging.

We actually pass 3 schools along the way. A junior high, a high school and elementary school; in that order. I don't live in the best city and have no problem saying I live in the ghetto, so of course people are going to be nervous and give suspecting looks when they see a young latino walking his pitbull.

When we get to the high school, I see 2 boys, about 17 or so, with 2 german shepards going ape :poop: on their leashes. Lots of barking, jumping and pulling. Then I see that they're using belts as leashes. I saw them and got Whit's attention as we kept walking until one of their friends pointed us out and of course they're staring and start towards us. At this point, I'm like "Well here we go." and as soon as those 2 dogs started sounding off at my boy and I, Whit was ready to go, so I just kept him on a short leash. The kids start talking just asking stupid questions about my dog, all the while their dogs are sounding off on us. I made sure to tell them that my dog doesn't like strange dogs, but they ignored of course :stick: One of them got pretty damn close, and when they weren't doing anything about it, I told them straight up "If my dog gets a hold of yours, its gonna be bad news." All the while, Whit is tensed up just waiting for some slack in the leash.

Now, I'm not a confrontational person at all. I'm horrible at talking crap and I don't like fighting unless its in the ring like how I do. So I just told them straight, "If you keep on talking, you're going to get smashed." Lol I'll admit that I worded differently with a few choice words in there :curse: , but sometimes, that's how you have to act in this neighborhood. I didn't want to, but oh well. It just makes me soooo mad, that these 2 punks came out of their way to confront my dog and me. It only must have been about 2 mins, but it felt like 20.

I just tried to get of there as quick as I could and 2 blocks later, Whit forgot about it and was back to sniffing the ground as we walked, while I'm looking over my shoulder just in case haha.

I will say that when we passed the elementary school, 2 boys and 2 girls eating doritos and donuts for breakfast (LOL) stopped and asked to pet him and said he was super cute. Whit was going tail crazy all the while haha.

Sorry for the rant, but it's just another encounter with idiots..

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had some kids trashing my car...A ninja in all black beat them down pretty good one evening while they keyd my car...never happened again

Had some other kids always walk the alley that bordered my fence...everyday, teasing my dogs, throwing things at them...Another ninja beat those kids down too... never happened again.

too bad their parents never taught them manners, or they wouldn't have suffered the wrath of the ninja that keeps following me...

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
oh that would have p!ssed me off!!! i say walk with a tazer for all of them kids and dogs next time!

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
people are so stupid!!! but if the dogs wouldve gotten into it then i guarentee the story wouldve been that the APBT started the whole thing!

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
ya know what I took away from this read?
you got A great dog,you are a he!! of an owner and rep.
people try to get under your skin,sometimes you must use what I call gun or bullet wound words to make your point,
yeah, thats good.
what got me the most.nice younger kids,who were eating doritos and donuts for breakfast.
do you know why many schools across our nation starte thr free breakfast programs?
because hundres of thousands of kids wouldn't even have doritos and donuts.
thats what I derived from tis great post.wonderful things on different levels.
folks do not often see the small intricacies of society. today when I see them i try to be proative even if it's even just in A small prayer sent up for the good of all.

·
NO TROLL PASSIN
3,801 Posts
I had some kids trashing my car...A ninja in all black beat them down pretty good one evening while they keyd my car...never happened again

Had some other kids always walk the alley that bordered my fence...everyday, teasing my dogs, throwing things at them...Another ninja beat those kids down too... never happened again.

too bad their parents never taught them manners, or they wouldn't have suffered the wrath of the ninja that keeps following me...
:rofl::rofl::rofl: @ the Ninja

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's total crap but I know how you feel...I recently got new neighbors and when I took my guy out to use the facilities I noticed the neighbors son hitting their car with a baseball bat and saw their dog just as Ash ran into their yard(something he rarely does because he great at coming back when called) and the kid went after him with the damn bat! I totally get that he freaked that my dog was in his yard but his tail was wagging and the dogs were checking each other out but now I totally have to watch my dog like a hawk because of the psycho kid in my backyard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts