Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ABKC Bulletin

Effective Immediately - No muzzles, spike collars, wide collars, prong collars, collars with dog or kennel names or chain leashes permitted in show ring. You will have to show your dog(s) in a show lead and show choker.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
This is overall a good move, although I would prefer to see people able to use a regular flat buckle collar if they feel more secure with that. Or a martingale. There was a time when I preferred that myself.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is overall a good move, although I would prefer to see people able to use a regular flat buckle collar if they feel more secure with that.
Rarely ever see that... so many people put on the spikes that look like weapons and it is down right ridiculous. I see where you are coming from though, Lindsay.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
great , this is really needed by the looks and sound of it. As much as I love spikes they dont need to be in the show ring , save it for when you are showing your dog off outside the ring or in pictures :)

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Sounds good for the breed's image.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
I love this move seems so much more professional. I think is the right word.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I love this move seems so much more professional. I think is the right word.
Sounds like the right word to me too.lol
IMO if the shows started getting cleaned up a bit more then I think other people would start taking these dogs more seriously.I have never been to a show so I'm just voicing my opinion off of hear say.But I have heard that at some shows,not all, there are women walking around with their stuff hanging out everywhere around children and music blaring loud with obscene language.I think this is a step in the right directon and could lean towards cleaning up the shows even more.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds like the right word to me too.lol
IMO if the shows started getting cleaned up a bit more then I think other people would start taking these dogs more seriously.I have never been to a show so I'm just voicing my opinion off of hear say.But I have heard that at some shows,not all, there are women walking around with their stuff hanging out everywhere around children and music blaring loud with obscene language.I think this is a step in the right directon and could lean towards cleaning up the shows even more.
Yeah the girls in the booty shorts is a little ridiculous. The music doesn't bother me as it is all edited stuff like you would hear on the radio unless you are at a Bako Bullyz show or a Semper Fi show. Frankie and Donna only bump the Christian Rap and Steph plays the music real low and it isn't obscene by any means.... lol

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
this is a good step in the ABKC but there are other issues to be addressed still, like attire in the ring lol, people do need to be more professional and realize they are portraying the breeds image. I know the argument was they didnt want to conform to the UKC ways and the ABKC was different and wanted to allow people to express there own styles but like lauren said booty shorts and bikini's at a dog show is ridiculous and thats what you see in all the magazines and flyers promoting the shows so that is the image being seen. I like how they said no collars and leashes with kennel names on it now how about no wearing t-shirts in the ring with kennel names on it, keep the t-shirts for the side lines and out of the ring. JMO

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
Wow! I didn't realize people were showing dogs in collars like that. UUUGH! Well I'm glad they changed the rules.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I can hear what you all are saying about cleaning up the ABKC shows. But I also don't want it to go too far where nobody wants to attend anymore because it becomes too stiff-necked. I am in awe of the kind of draw these folks have for their bully events. I think we could take a lesson or two from them when it comes to marketing and appeal. But yes yes, I absolutely agree it needs to be cleaned up a bit. Baby steps.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I can hear what you all are saying about cleaning up the ABKC shows. But I also don't want it to go too far where nobody wants to attend anymore because it becomes too stiff-necked. I am in awe of the kind of draw these folks have for their bully events. I think we could take a lesson or two from them when it comes to marketing and appeal. But yes yes, I absolutely agree it needs to be cleaned up a bit. Baby steps.
I think its wayyy off from being a stuffy up tight event like some of the AKC shows and UKC ,letting people wear jeans and baggy shirts is fine for the ABKC i think but I still dont think girls need to be walking around in bikinis and short booty shorts that dont cover anything , guys want to see that im sure there are strip clubs near by for them. I think people are always trying to outdo eachother but where does it end? its a dog show :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts