Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cairo is about 11 months, and i took him out to use the bathroom tonight around 745pm, then i stepped out for a couple hours, getting home about 45 mins ago, so about 2-3 hours, and i came home to 2 wet marks on my couch, about 5 inches in diameter, i thought maybe he licked and licked and licked and got the couch wet, because when i took him out when i got home, it was like he hasnt peed in HOURS, like he peed quite a bit outside. Is it possible he had an accident on the couch, where he lays down? Do your dogs have accidents? maybe got startled and peed a little bit, like it wasnt a puddle or anything on the couch nor did it spread like a puddle of pee, but the wet spot was maybe about the diameter or a coffee mug or so, the blanket on top of the couch however was like i spilled a bit of water on it. Is this something im going to have to worry about? this was his first accident in MONTHS. any advice or words for me? BESIDES using a crate, im over that already, and so is he. he hasnt had an accident in the house since maybe november

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
You're more than likely right about the wet spots just being where he was licking his paws or something. If he peed it would be more than a coffee cup diameter wet spot, I'd say.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Sounds like licking spots to me too. Did you smell them? Gross I know, but sometimes it's the only way to know for sure. Brutus used to lick all the time when he got bored. Our couch always had dried drool spots, it was so gross. Ha ha.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
I agree, I think its licking. When you are not there to stop him from over licking, they can get very wet... Not to be gross, but did you try to smell it to be sure?

If you think its is pee, could you turn up the cushions? that's what I did when training Mel to stay off the couch when I left, he didn't like them falling over if he tried to get up and pretty much stayed off the couch after that. Or if you think it is, is that where you sit and usually are you home with him? Do you usually step back out for a few hours? Maybe he didn't like you leaving him again?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i did smell it and it DIDNT smell like pee, but it didnt smell like drool either, and it didnt explain why my blanket was WET... my couch is cream and the wet stain looked wet, not yellow, so i think its drool? but i dont know. should i be mad or scold him or leave it alone

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
leave it alone, too late to correct him. try turning up the cushions until you catch him in the act.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Cairo is about 11 months, and i took him out to use the bathroom tonight around 745pm, then i stepped out for a couple hours, getting home about 45 mins ago, so about 2-3 hours, and i came home to 2 wet marks on my couch, about 5 inches in diameter, i thought maybe he licked and licked and licked and got the couch wet, because when i took him out when i got home, it was like he hasnt peed in HOURS, like he peed quite a bit outside. Is it possible he had an accident on the couch, where he lays down? Do your dogs have accidents? maybe got startled and peed a little bit, like it wasnt a puddle or anything on the couch nor did it spread like a puddle of pee, but the wet spot was maybe about the diameter or a coffee mug or so, the blanket on top of the couch however was like i spilled a bit of water on it. Is this something im going to have to worry about? this was his first accident in MONTHS. any advice or words for me? BESIDES using a crate, im over that already, and so is he. he hasnt had an accident in the house since maybe november
Your boy is the one who has been having all those bumps and allergy issues right? Usually allergies and excessive licking go together so they could just be wet spots from drool. Eww....I am OCD and can't have dogs on my couch or bed LOL! I'm really not OCD it just grosses me out :flush:Is he drinking alot of water? If he is peeing and then two hours later peeing like he hasn't peed in many hours I would be a bit concerned. JMO. How is he doing by the way with the bumps/hives? Is he all better?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your boy is the one who has been having all those bumps and allergy issues right? Usually allergies and excessive licking go together so they could just be wet spots from drool. Eww....I am OCD and can't have dogs on my couch or bed LOL! I'm really not OCD it just grosses me out :flush:Is he drinking alot of water? If he is peeing and then two hours later peeing like he hasn't peed in many hours I would be a bit concerned. JMO. How is he doing by the way with the bumps/hives? Is he all better?
Might have been licking, it wasnt saturated, like i said, and yes, he did have the hives, they are all clear, i think its a weather change allergy, cuz it happened in the fall to winter season change. and then spring to summer... that was the only common denominator. he drank a lot of water, but he didnt pee much when i took him out at 7 just a little bit, and he drank A LOT of water 2 hours before.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
My guess is from licking, my dogs do that all the time. If they are chewing a bone or licking their paws it never fails they leave a wet spot. As far as peeing a lot at one time, the weather is getting hot and they are drinking more water so they have more pee. That can explain the large amount he peed, now if you notice an excessive amount of water intake then there could be a medical issue but I think you case is normal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts