Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm extremely excited, I've been waiting until the right time to do it which has been hard since I've wanted one my entire life. It's sort of a childhood dream (I grew up on Steven Irwin videos)
I'll be getting a snake, a male Ghost Corn snake to be exact. The breeder will be sending me a group picture of the available males pretty soon, and I have the worst case of excitement anxiety I've had in a long time.
This is who I'm getting the little guy from.
Baby Ghost Cornsnakes

And this is what it will likely look like when it gets older.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
OK you and DMTWI are in the same dog house with me lol, POST "snake" or "spider" in your headlines ........... atleast you didnt post new kitten in your topic like he did lol, but geeze I got the geebeez from these pics lately. Congrats though if this is a long time dream of yours thats exciting for you :p

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol! Sorry, I'll fix that. My apologies xD

Edit: Nevermind I can't, I was thinking this worked like another forum I'm on. If a mod sees this feel free to stick snake in there. :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
That's so cool. Congrats on the life- long dream come true. I have to wait about a decade for mine (at least) and there is still no gurantees that I'll ever get a male green iguana. Lol, but its always good to see someone so excited about a new addition.

Maybe you could post a few pics later on (with the right heading of course)!!!!
(Such a good looking snake BTW)

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
OK you and DMTWI are in the same dog house with me lol, POST "snake" or "spider" in your headlines ........... atleast you didnt post new kitten in your topic like he did lol, but geeze I got the geebeez from these pics lately. Congrats though if this is a long time dream of yours thats exciting for you :p
ha ha ha ha ha ha..... creepy & crawling, slithering.....yikes :woof:

That's a nice looking snake, way to go! We will need to see more pics though....right angelbaby! :p

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I'm with Angel a warning woulda been nice ;). Good for you but never in a million years! Very happy for you!

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Iguanas are pretty cool, I've gotten to meet a few all of them needed a lot of room but were pretty chill lizards. I like them :)

And Thanks guys, I sent the order out today :D

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Very cool, Celeste. I'd love a snake but the Mrs has made it abundantly clear that it's not happening. :(

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bummer, it took a night of thinking out good points to get my grandmother to budge. Basically I had one chance to convince her and she wouldn't listen after that. Guess I did pretty good.
From everything I've researched they're pretty darn cool and surprisingly easy to care for. Replace water each day, replace bedding once a month, feed once a week.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Yeh, the ease of maintenance has pretty much been my main sales pitch but no dice. There is a story in VIP that might explain more but, long story short, I nearly killed her because I dreamed there was a snake in the bed with us.

So now I don't get a snake. Go figure, right?!:confused:

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ouch, (I could make a Pokemon joke here) what were you wanting to get?

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
A mate of mine had a Stimson's Python which was very cool. One of those would have been sweet.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those are gorgeous, but I don't know too much about them. I heard the supply of rodents for feed isn't as good over in Australia, is that true?

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Not that I noticed. My mate never seemed to have any trouble buying frozen mice.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
congrats... i think... lol :D

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's the picture the breeder sent me. I have his tank all set up. :D

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Oooh, congrats! I love corn snakes, but they are illegal in GA. :(
We have a Ball Python though :) I have no issues with reptiles, I just don't like vipers-- too bite prone for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts