Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!
So I'm about to adopt a 7 month rescue pit bull/weimaraner and have a couple concerns. I've been doing my research about this breed and there's so many contradictions and hot and cold which I'm sure everybody's aware. My boyfriend grew up with big dogs (weimaraners and vizslas-very high energy dogs) and my brother and close friend has a pit bull. My concern and the kicker is I have 2 cats. If you have any cats with your dogs what is your experience. Also being that the pup is 7 months old will it be harder to train and break bad habits? I am told he is crate/ house trained and obedient but you never know what you can be handed with rescues. Also what are some signs that the dog is aggressive and what's the best way to correct it without making the problem worse. Any feedback would greatly be appreciated. I'm trying to gain more confidence in this breed from people that actually have the experience and not uneducated people that read bad stories and being my first pit bull experience, just very curious on how to take the right approach.

· The Yard Of Many Colors
3,422 Posts
welcome to GP :D

good on you for adopting and doing your research first ;)
there are alot of dogs that do great with cats so its going to be a chance youll have to take.. he might love them or he could hate them.. DA is not something you can correct.. this breed is often DA.. its kind like the whole cat thing something you take a chance on.. good luck with your new pup.. keep us updated and we love pics!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.