Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Id like yalls opinions on the graphic nature of a wild game catch, and how old yall think a child needs to be to see it.
We were watching kids discovery and a clip of a Lion taking a gazelle down played I think on a commercial, and my buddies daughter, 3 or 4 yrs old, started talking about it with us, asking questions about it.... ya know,
Then she said "Kane could do that" ---Kane is my best friends dog, off my litter.

How old does a kid need to be nowadays to see such graphic things in real life, as opposed to on TV? Graphic, truculant, and sexual innuendos are all over even the PG and kid related shows so I dont want a treehugger getting mad at me for being curious. I coulda just taken her :)

thanks

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Hmmm... It would depend a lot on the maturity of the kid. If each part of the hunt is explained beforehand, so nothing is a surprise, and they seem to be all for it, then taking them after the age of 10 or so would be ok. But I would still explain each part, especially around the catch and the kill, and give them the option not to watch it. But it really depends on the kid.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
i mean some kids are exposed to it my buddies 7 year old daughter ran away from school trying to catch a fox that she saw cause she wanted to skin it. its all about where you grow up really she was raised in the oregon woods her brother is 5 and hes the same way. i guess its all relative to where you live. in the city i think most people would find it appalling. but out in the country where its a way of life its just the norm. but to me its nature they even show animals doin it and naked tribal women but it doesnt change the rating of the show to ma and i agree with that its other cultures and lives we should be open to it. thats just my 2 cents

edit: plus learning how to self sustain isn't a bad idea either.

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
Hmmm... It would depend a lot on the maturity of the kid. If each part of the hunt is explained beforehand, so nothing is a surprise, and they seem to be all for it, then taking them after the age of 10 or so would be ok. But I would still explain each part, especially around the catch and the kill, and give them the option not to watch it. But it really depends on the kid.
I agree ^ it would be great to get a kid involved around working dogs IMO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.