Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really really like the nizmo collars, but I don't know what size to get or if it will fit my girl. I haven't seen on the website where it says what size neck the collar will fit. She is 6 months old and 35 pounds. Anybody have a Nizmo collar and want to give me advice? Also, do you like the 2inch or the 1.5inch better. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I like the 2" better Id go 3" if i could lol. but thats just prefrence. How big is your girls neck , best to measure and then make that one of the smaller holes so she can grow into it. You can always message trevor and ask his advice.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh duh I should have included that. Her neck is only about 16 inches right now. But you are right I could always drill more holes!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
just tell him her neck size now and let him know you want it so she can grow into it. Should be able to make 16' the smaller one

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay awesome. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,607 Posts
I had Trevor make one for my Am Bulldog "nephew" and asked him to give him growing room. He made plenty of extra holes for Tucker to grow into it. Just give him your dogs current neck size (I recomend measuring the base of the neck if you don't want the collar to sit too high)
Ecko has no neck so a 2" is like a elizabethan collar on him. LOL! I went 1.5" and 2 ply. But like Angel said, if you e-mail or call Trevor, he'll be happy to discuss what you need and makes sure that it is made perfectly. I have never been happier withe a collar, or company. Nizmo's is the poo.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Yeah pretty sure his collars fit a wide range of sizes so it grows with your pup, if I remember correctly :) I have the 1.5inch for my boy, i think! lol I like it a lot not too thick looking, don't like when dogs look uncomfortable in their collars cause its so wide it takes their whole neck space up lol.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome thanks for the input!!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Like I said in PM.....My girl is only 48 lbs with a 16 3/4 inch neck and stands about 17 inches. I think a 1.5 inch looks great and is just wide enough. otherwise I think it looks like a neck brace if it's any bigger on some dogs especially if they are females with small heads LOL! JMO ;)

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Like I said in PM.....My girl is only 48 lbs with a 16 3/4 inch neck and stands about 17 inches. I think a 1.5 inch looks great and is just wide enough. otherwise I think it looks like a neck brace if it's any bigger on some dogs especially if they are females with small heads LOL! JMO ;)
hahah that's a way better way to describe it, lmao I am not a fan of that look either

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hahah that's a way better way to describe it, lmao I am not a fan of that look either
haha you guys have convinced me. 1.5 inches it is.

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Nizmos collars are bad ass.. can't go wrong with trevor! I prefer the two inch hwever my dog is much bigger

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Nizmos collars are bad ass.. can't go wrong with trevor! I prefer the two inch hwever my dog is much bigger
Can't agree more! Trevs/nizmos collars are great! I have three of them...but I also have tablerock and stillwaters collars as well. I just ordered a working harness from tablerock. This is my first harness for her so hopefully its just as good as there collars ;)

And yes! I vote 1.5 inch on a bitch especially if they a small LOL!

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
I have had 3 made so far and will be ordering three more soon, I have a 1.5" for Odie right now and my pitxlab mix has a 2" one. I love Trev's stuff, I also have two leashes made by him. Can't go wrong with his stuff :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright so I couldn't decide on just one...so i just ordered 1 nizmo and 1 stillwater collar lol Thanks for the input

·
Gotta Love Them Red Dogs!
487 Posts
I currently have 5 Nizmo collars as well as a working harness;
Mine are mainly 2" but for a female pup I would recommend starting with a 1.5in
You will not find a better collar and Trevor is awesome to work with,
all around good guy and good quality products.

I can send you some pic of my stuff if you PM me your email so you can see the different color combos I have,ect.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I cant wait i have 2 nizmo collars on the way soon. We have like 5- 6 already , they are great collars you wont be dissapointed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts