Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do your reasearch and study the history of the breed. Don't take any breeder's, forum member's, or any one person's word as truth. Many books and detailed historical records are available on "pit bulls". Do your homework. There is a lot of people out there that will deceive you into buying into a dog or a bloodline. It's all about the money for a lot of people. Be careful. Do your research to help you make the decisions you feel are best for you and the dogs.

Peace, I'm out folks.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Do your reasearch and study the history of the breed. Don't take any breeder's, forum member's, or any one person's word as truth. Many books and detailed historical records are available on "pit bulls". Do your homework. There is a lot of people out there that will deceive you into buying into a dog or a bloodline. It's all about the money for a lot of people. Be careful. Do your research to help you make the decisions you feel are best for you and the dogs.

Peace, I'm out folks.
Amen to that!

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
While it's important to do your research, you can't discount everyone who is a member of a forum. Some of us here have lots and lots of knowledge to share, and all of us continue to learn. No one book is going to give you everything you need.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
I thought he meant not to get all of your information from one source.

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Well, it seems like he is stating that you can get more knowledge out of books and historical records... And when it comes to tracing history and bloodlines, I agree, but folks on here always have solutions for every day problems, and hollistic remedies for certain ailments.

I think he posted this because most people jump into puppy parenthood without researching enough to be well informed. I know I was one of those folks. I always had apbts around me, but never raised a puppy. Ive learned a lot here, and definitely wouldnt be here if it weren't for the wealth of knowledge available here.

I read books and all, but sometimes it helps when you can relate to others, giving your outlook a more contemporary feel to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts