Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm looking for some opinions/tips/advice..

Saturday, we will be attending a fairly large parade in our Parish.

We are wanting to bring both, Molly and Annie.

Molly has been to numerous parades with us, so I know how she reacts around people, other dogs and LOUD music. She's extremely laid back and absolutely loves it.

I have NO IDEA why, but I am kind of second guessing myself with Annie.
Maybe because she's maturing... idk, who knows!

She has been to Pet Fest when she was 4 months old. (Which is a HUGE pet festival with a variety of different activities, people and animals) She was unsure about everything at first, but warmed up very quickly and was great with everyone and everything! Again she was 4 months old... She is now 9 months.

Maybe I'm just over thinking the situation,:confused: lol....

Does anyone have any advice/tips on how to make it a positive experience if we do decide to bring her?

Personal opinions are welcome!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?????

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Go with your gut. I can't take Kangol to anything like that since there is a chance there would be other dogs so I am not the best to give you advice, but I say go with your gut if you are second guessing yourself.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I guess you only know if ur going to have complete control over both Molly and Annie. If ur second guessing yourself it could be nerves. You could test out Annie by taking her somewhere where it's loud and crowded to see how she does??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Its not the best look but you can alway muzzle her and see how she acts. I used a muzzle on my dog from to time took her awhile to get used to it but I felt like I had more control and if I saw she was behaving and not acting jumpy then I wouls take it off. Always better to be safe then sorry. What ever you decide hope you have fun!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of the responses guys!:D

We're going to go ahead and take her along with us...

The more socialization, the better right?

She has never shown any aggression towards people or other animals/dogs.

Not to mention if she sees Molly relaxed and what not I'm thinking she may feed off of her energy as well.

Thanks again!

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
No reason to muzzle a 9 month old puppy. Just take her out with food so you can encourgae her if you need to. getting her out would be the best for her.
:goodpost:
You always have Good info Bro.. I'v just started that with the Milk Bones, and they stay focused on Me when i need to have them about what Where Doing.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Hope it goes well, I am sure she will warm up! Let us know :)

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I say take her with If you are calm she wil be too. remeber the dog feels your feeling throught that leash.

I take Vendetta to all that type of stuff and she is the best behaved dog around. we usually end up with German Shepherds jumping/lunging and barking at us as my girl walks right by.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
I take 1-2 of my dogs out to all the parades here. It is a great place to build confidence and for them to gain experience in being in public.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I live in NOLA as well, i find it hard to take mine in public, as many people down here just dont act right. good luck, i avoid those parades.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts