Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure if this post is where its supposed to go but i hope so , so i was sitting out on the porch and this skinny little black floppy eared dog ran up the road,not many people live up here and every one has said someone dumped her the other day, she almost got ran over and some dogs were after her , how can people be so cruel ! Theres no way i can take her in and AC wont come anymore because its too far away , if i could catch her could keep her until i find her a home but shes terrified so i dont think its gonna happen , just a few days ago a dog got hit but it was a diffrent one , and we live up a small little road near the hills,so not much trafic really . Oh and she has recently had pups its very obvious..i just hope they didnt dump them too ! People really frustrate me ,can someone tell me how i could catch her ? And traps are not an option due to the shelter being so far away .

She needs help and i just dont want her to die , and if she was to come into heat before someone can catch her ,she would def . have another litter with all these loose mutts around here

:rain:

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
Im not sure if this post is where its supposed to go but i hope so , so i was sitting out on the porch and this skinny little black floppy eared dog ran up the road,not many people live up here and every one has said someone dumped her the other day, she almost got ran over and some dogs were after her , how can people be so cruel ! Theres no way i can take her in and AC wont come anymore because its too far away , if i could catch her could keep her until i find her a home but shes terrified so i dont think its gonna happen , just a few days ago a dog got hit but it was a diffrent one , and we live up a small little road near the hills,so not much trafic really . Oh and she has recently had pups its very obvious..i just hope they didnt dump them too ! People really frustrate me ,can someone tell me how i could catch her ? And traps are not an option due to the shelter being so far away .

She needs help and i just dont want her to die , and if she was to come into heat before someone can catch her ,she would def . have another litter with all these loose mutts around here

:rain:
aside from trapping you can only really gain her trust. try feeding her but please do be carefull

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats my problem , she wont even come near the yard, i was hollering for her and everything she just went even faster , shes real young but it looks like she has been starved for a while now . :(

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
ok do you have a crate? like the plastic dog crates/carrier for big dogs?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
ya agree with above just try leaving food for her maybe sitting somewhere near her and gaining her trust inching closer as she allows { may take days though depending how much time you have eachday} Other thing is if maybe there is a coral or yard with fence or something you coul lure her into? My dad did this with a litter of kittens someone dropped in his driveway he led a trail or food up the driveway and into the laundry room { its seperate room in the house with own door} he tied a string around the door knob and led it through his window when he seen them all go in he was able to shut the door trapping them in a confined area where he could catch them. Mid you he got scratched alot lol , but they were safe , he alowed them to mellow out a few days in there and just put food and water in a few times a day until they chilled enough to be handled and taken in to the shelter. Sad how people can just drop there animal off in the middle of nowhere , if you gonna drop them somewhere might as well drop at a shelter.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Put food out and if she gets hungry enough she will venture towards the smell of the food, you will have to do this for a long period of time in order to gain her trust. Trapping would be my only other suggestion and I don't see how animal control can refuse to come out but I guess they can.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok do you have a crate? like the plastic dog crates/carrier for big dogs?
No just the one i have for my dog , and its the metal bar kind anyways , this happened last summer, a cat got the plastic thing pop cans come in stuck around its neck and died !

I was thinking that maybe i could trap her into my yard ? But i havent seen her sense she almost got hit

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Id just leave a trail of food see if you cant get her in the yard somehow , might even just help get her trust if she is around still she will smell that food, most likely just laying low somewhere. Any chance she has pups around there somewhere?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I cant set food out becaue of all the loose dogs in the neighborhood they would just eat it , and i would try gaining her trust like i have done with many others but shes diffrent , she runs at full speed and dosent even look back , i might could get her to follow my dog into the yard but then i would have to be there and she would run . And yeah they wont set traps now cause they are over an hour away , plus even if they did we would catch all kinds of cats , lol theres alot of them here,too many !

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Id just leave a trail of food see if you cant get her in the yard somehow , might even just help get her trust if she is around still she will smell that food, most likely just laying low somewhere. Any chance she has pups around there somewhere?
im not sure i think she does but there would be a 1 in a million chance of finding them,we live near hills ,a mines(mountain top removal) behind us and 4 ponds with lots of cliffs,she came from down the way i am almost positive cause thats when i seen her,which leads to a main road .... a couple months back a woman came with a dalmatian that had a broken leg she was setting out so i took it and rehomed him too .

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
ya agree with above just try leaving food for her maybe sitting somewhere near her and gaining her trust inching closer as she allows { may take days though depending how much time you have eachday} Other thing is if maybe there is a coral or yard with fence or something you coul lure her into? My dad did this with a litter of kittens someone dropped in his driveway he led a trail or food up the driveway and into the laundry room { its seperate room in the house with own door} he tied a string around the door knob and led it through his window when he seen them all go in he was able to shut the door trapping them in a confined area where he could catch them. Mid you he got scratched alot lol , but they were safe , he alowed them to mellow out a few days in there and just put food and water in a few times a day until they chilled enough to be handled and taken in to the shelter. Sad how people can just drop there animal off in the middle of nowhere , if you gonna drop them somewhere might as well drop at a shelter.
i was gonna say the same thing except with a dog crate. tie a rope to the door then pull it through the end of the crate get it a really good distance from the crate. toss a steak in leave it till the dog is inside the crate. leave the rope till the dog is inside the create then yank the rope and tie it to the fence so it'll stay closed. when you get to the crate latch it so the dog cant get out then feed it through the crate. take the dog to your yard/house. if your gonna leave it out side unattended chain it up so it doesnt hop the fence and so you dont have to do it again once they get caught they're not gonna really fall for it again. dont let your dog near it till the dogs used to you, then slowly introduce your dog.

if you do catch her before you do all else leash her then take her to the woods and try to get her to lead you to the pups.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
some people are not right and i think it should be against the law to do that !

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes i will try that but what im saying is if i leave my gate open the other loose dogs around here will come into the yard and get it

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
Yes i will try that but what im saying is if i leave my gate open the other loose dogs around here will come into the yard and get it
animal control doesnt really do much round your parts huh?

if you get a different dog catch em and chain em up for the time being until you get the female your tryin to catch. imo if people are gonna just let their dogs run free they dont need them.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nope , not at all..i guess thats why theres so many dogs especially HA ones just walking around killing other dogs , theres not even a leash law here and dogs dont have to be vacciated :hammer:

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
nope , not at all..i guess thats why theres so many dogs especially HA ones just walking around killing other dogs , theres not even a leash law here and dogs dont have to be vacciated :hammer:
sorry but if the dog bites some one it needs to be pts by what ever method is around at the time especially if theres a problem with strays. im not sayin that the female is ha im just saying in general culling is always an option when it comes to safety

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

if you get a different dog catch em and chain em up for the time being until you get the female your tryin to catch. imo if people are gonna just let their dogs run free they dont need them.
Some are dogs that belong to family,they own the one that got ran over ,it and the little like 8 pound pup run everywhere , they are always in my yard so i dont think that could be done w/o stirring up more problems, if i have to result in that i will but for now im still thinking :confused:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sorry but if the dog bites some one it needs to be pts by what ever method is around at the time especially if theres a problem with strays. im not sayin that the female is ha im just saying in general culling is always an option when it comes to safety
yeah its the neighbors pitbull i posted about a few days ago , he killed my friends dog and attacked his owner cause they are mean to them

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
Some are dogs that belong to family,they own the one that got ran over ,it and the little like 8 pound pup run everywhere , they are always in my yard so i dont think that could be done w/o stirring up more problems, if i have to result in that i will but for now im still thinking :confused:
if you dont want problems let the dog go theres no real way to catch it then if you catch another dog and the female see's shes not gonna fall for it

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I may have to just leave her,but shes going to die , if someone sees a stray they shoot them , usually . Especially if she was to go near any chickens my neighbors would have a fit, i just feel so bad for the poor girl

1 - 20 of 29 Posts