Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Madison was acting up this morning nipping wife and 3 year old daughter. We were all telling her to stop and to sit, she would sit but would get right back up and bite. After multiple failed attempts to get her to stop I tapped her in her face and screamed NOO!! Only than she stopped and continued playing with her toy instead. For some background we do two long walks a day with some jogging. This acting up was before her first run, we usually redirect her to a toy she could bite on and give her a firm NO! Wife and myself provide food and my 3 year old provides treats when she deserves it. This is why I don't understand why she does it to them and not me. Is it because I am the only one that walks her? a little help here she is my first dog period all I know about pits is months and months of online reading.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Echo use to bite when he was 3months old, little rascal I tell you. Every time he would bite or attempt to bite, I would use my fingers as if it was teeth and lightly jab her on the butt as if I'm the one biting him followed with a "tsst" now he is a calm 7month old pup lol. I let him bite when we play rough but he knows when to stop in command. only if I could post a vid.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ain't nuthin wrong with puttin ya pup in place nippin at my wife can't blame him lol but at the 3 yr old little pup would be popped good... These dogs need to no what's allowed if he overexcited I'd grab him by the back of his neck hard enough to feel the pain but not act hurt him and put him down on the ground till he stops acting a fool... He will whine scream fight for a little maybe awhile but just keep his ass pinned he will eventually get it and calm down..... Then dare him to do it again ... Give ya daughter a treat and see if he is calm ..If he smart like most bulldogs it will only take a few time max before he realizes he can't act a fool with them..... This worked great with my dogs they are gentle with all ppl.... Only bites and acts up when they pla with me.... Good luck

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
Theres a huge difference between a correction and a beating. Just like with kids... if I gotta tell u 3x or more ur gonna get a pop but thats not a beating... I pop my dogs on the butt or nose if they push too far. And believe me they know when they're going too far. It ur pup you're gonna have to handle him how it works for u and him. I see nothing wrong with a pop but dnt take u belt off and beat the dog or anything like that...

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Are tehre enough toys for her to chew? teething is big for the next few months if she doesnt have teething help she would start to be mouthy. Get a small chuckit ball to put in her mouth when you play with her, then get bigger ones as she ages, my boy looks for a ball whenever someone come in the house or he is excited. I also would cease all play as soon as anything occurs that you do not allow. once the puppy calms down, resume play. I also yelp really loud if my boy got my skin, but he responded to that and would mind it next time, some dogs do not.

·
Banned
468 Posts
Sadly my 8 month old will do this and she's pretty rentlentless when she does. For me It's only after I know she's wound up and looking to expend massive amounts of energy. A quick jog or flirt pole usually corrects.

A good trick to stop a pup from teething on an object/you is to grab the top jowels with one hand like your hand is over his /her snout. Then push down/fold his skin under his teeth as he's biting...really tuck his skin under his teeth and he/she will magically ease off. Works every time for me. Quite funny actually.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts