Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please someone I need assistance with training my 11 month old red nose pit to stop lashing and barking at everyone he see's. Ive had him over a month now and I rescued him from people who were mistreating him and pretty much made him a vicious guard dog and I want him to chill out and be a little more easygoing with people..

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
If he was mistreated he's gotta start by trusting people. Hand feed him his meals. Give treats to friends to give to him so he starts opening up and trusting ppl. I'm sure others will chime in and give more advice.

It's not going to happen over night. It's going to take time and patience.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
588 Posts
It starts with exercise and positive reinforcement.....and a LOT of time and patience. For the time being, keep the dog away from any and every strange human that isn't a resident in the household.

Work on the dog obeying YOU first, and then you can slowly introduce new faces. Once you establish that you're the boss, managing the behavior is easier as long as you stay consistent.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same problem man. My 12 month rescue pit will freak out and bite anyone beside me who puts on a coat or hat near him. He just freaks out and lunges at them, its like he forgets who they are. He just bit my sister because she just got out of the shower and had a towel on her head.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
My pitbull Joe is a year and four months and he listens for the most part but he doesn't listen whenibtell him to stop playing rough. He keeps barking and scrunching his nose. And when he's aggressively playing with my other pit maci he sometimes won't stop and I have to cage him. Any advice?

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
You may get more responses starting a new thread but I would work on among your dog up and calming him down so get se treats and work him into a frenzy jumping playing tugging the toss some treats down and take the energy out stop looking or aging with your pup just stand and when he sits or lays down then praise him. Your trying to teach your pup how to be exited and ten ca themselves down and be comfortable with either stimulation or lack thereof.
When your dog is with the other dog both should be separated and calmed periodically while playing so they don't get amped up. A crate isn't punishment. It's not like time out for a dog.

Sent from Petguide.com App so please excuses the typos

1 - 7 of 7 Posts