Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rescued my pit from some abusive owners about 8 months ago. It took her a while to trust us, but now that she does she is the best dog I have ever had besides my little shihpoo. Lately she growls and barks at people when they come near our house or if they walk to close to my little dog, but only does it if we are near the house. She is fine with people and other animals if we go on a long walk. I was just wondering if this was normal or how I can get her to stop.

(She has never bite anyone that has come near the house she will let them touch her all she does it growl and bark.)

Thank you,

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
It is a Territorial/guarding behavior and nothing to really worry about unless she is serious about hurting someone. If you walk in my back yard where all the kennels are all my dogs will bark. If it becomes a problem then correct her for it so she knows that is not appropriate.

There is a chance it could be fear based but you would see some fear behaviors outside of your home as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My male does the same thing, if he is looking outside of the window and see's someone walking in front or around the house he starts to bark. But if he is outside on a walk he doesn't mind anyone either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts