Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tyson my year old blue nose male basically does not leave my side and this weekend it was just me and him sitting at a camp fire and my grandpa out of no where appeared (it was dark out) and tyson jumped out and stood in front of me and started blowing air out of his mouth and started growling/barking. My gpa went up to him and put his hand out and tyson just smelt him and then he was fine but kind of scared me just because im not used to that. However later on i he was sitting on the same chair and me and my grandpa and my cousin he has never met walked up to him all together and he didnt do anything im just confused with this behavior, is this aggression?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
may have just startled him the 1st time. Similar thing happened with one of my girls , boyfriend came home dressed in a hood and she didn't recognize him at 1st, she got defensive until he was close enough she realized who it was. I wouldn't call this aggressive the dog did good in my books, alerted you to someone there and acted intimidating without going for an advance on the person with intention to bite.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
yeah, I think it was the shock at first, and then your dog knew people might be walking up which is why the next time he didn't react.

·
Banned
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thank you guys for the feed back it just surprised me cuz i spend every waking minute with that dog and he has only done it a few times but its when random people approach but if they aren't threatening he lets them be just more concerned when it was my gpa lol he is a really smart and protective dog though (me more than anyone) but if me and my wife wrestle he will very gently pull off my wifes socks for some reason and jump on her lol and this weekend it was opening fishing and i brought tyson n prada on the boat and prada (4 months) jumped off the side of the boat and sank and tyson jumped in and grabbed her by the collar and brought her back i was shocked!! (he got a slim jim :))

1 - 5 of 5 Posts