Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Aw this makes me sad because my hubby always tells me if anything ever happened to me my dogs would be gone the next day :( I think I need to write out a legal will so they'd have to go to my parents or something....I'm going to go cry now lol

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
very sad :(

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Yikes!!!! Very sad

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was so upset after I read the post in craiglist is show's us the "exit strategy" so to speak of what happens to dogs and cats at a shelter. We always think well someone will snatch them up their a pure bred or they are so cute, someone will take her. When I adopted my 3 year old Pit Bull, her owners were ready to take her to the shelter and because of all the bad information out there about Pit Bulls she would have surely been put to sleep. She's a beautiful dog playful, loving, protective. It give us time to pause and think of the ramifications of dropping a cat or dog off at a Shelter. It is takng them to their own execution.

:-(

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
i missed it.. its been flagged... wht did it say????

·
Registered
72 Posts
^ none of us thought to cut and paste it...And who the F keeps trolling craigslist just to delete post that are not harmful...effin trolls

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ none of us thought to cut and paste it...And who the F keeps trolling craigslist just to delete post that are not harmful...effin trolls
I just checked it out, and it has been flagged on craiglsist. I should have cut and pasted it. Darn....

What was in the posting was the truth about dogs and cats taken into the shelters around the country.

I can see Jack Nicholson in the Movie A Few Good Men saying "You can't handle the truth".

·
Registered
39 Posts
i missed it.. its been flagged... wht did it say????
Essentially it talked about how brutal animal shelters are. How being put to sleep isn't as peaceful as we think for the animal. How the shelters don't care about anything except making money, etc, etc, etc.

Really nothing new that hasn't been said a million other times in a million different ways. For those of us who do care we already know and those who don't care won't start caring because of some random posting on craig's list.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
i have begun to really hate craigslist.... i think people live on there just to flag stuff for no reason

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
When i worked at the Humane society it was anything But Humane. The head vet decided what dogs would stay or go. She Hated Pitbulls as she was also a " Human" PREDUJICE person. She would tell me to bring a Dog to her and Muzzle it. I then would Hold 2 Legs of the Dog together and she would Hold and Neel on the Other 2 legs while Giving the Shot that Knocked it out so she could do the IV that carried whatever was Used 2 PTS. So yeah, the animals LAST memories was Strugling for its Life instead of Petting it nicely, telling it everything was OK, and just giving it a Little Shot. I QUIT and Went to a ASPCA low cost Animal Clinic run on grants.... What a SICK World.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts