Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed when I get home from work that there are spots on Jubi's pee pads that look like they had poop on them ... with no poop there. So I haven't been taking her outside tonight, that way I can hopefully catch her in the act and confirm my suspicions before I move forward with anything. And sure enough, she squatted to go poo on her pad and then turned around and began eating it. I stopped her of course, just picked her up and put her in her crate, and then picked the poo up.

I know the basics of why dogs do it -- the poo comes out smelling/tasting as good as the food was going in. But I can't remember what you can add to the food to make it not taste as good going out.

Keep in mind this is an ~8 wk old corgi pup. She's on Iams Smart Puppy, which I already know isn't a good food, but when I tried putting her on TOTW, it gave her liquid poo. (It was almost painful to watch, lol.) And then the same day that I started her on Iams, her stool firmed up and she hasn't had diarrhea since.

Any help is appreciated. :D I'm in the process of deworming her, but it obvs. isn't going to work if she keeps eating her poo, lol.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
lol yuk. i only had problems with the dogs goin for the cat poop but i was able to fix it by putting the litter in a different room and shutting the door on them lol , no clue on this . BLAHHHH though hope theres been no kisses lately lol

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, right?? Ugh. I never had this problem with Kane and I would have thunk it'd be him to eat his own poo, lol. Not miss prissy little Jubilee. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Oh shoot. I know there are old threads on it. I had to deal with george doin that when he was little but can't for the life if me remember what I gave him... Just pick poo up asap and u shouldn't have that problem :)

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I think your supposed to use meat tenderizer on their food. Which makes it taste bad.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh shoot. I know there are old threads on it. I had to deal with george doin that when he was little but can't for the life if me remember what I gave him... Just pick poo up asap and u shouldn't have that problem :)
That's what I do usually, but I can't do that while I'm at work. :( I didn't realize there were old threads on this. I'll start searching.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't know you could actually buy MSG in the store. I also heard pineapple juice. I'll try whichever one is cheaper and go from there. :) Thanks guys. :D

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Slap the taste outta his mouth :D

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL. I would do that to Kane (although he'd probably think it's a new game!), but I don't know if I'd feel comfortable doing that to Jubi. She's only 4.5lbs!! :rofl:

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
... And watch the poo go flying across the room. And then Kane has to come over and sniff and see what the big deal is. And then Jubi has to follow Kane like the little sister she is and see what HE'S sniffing at. And then she's like, hey, this smells good. And then we're back to the same thing. IT'S A VICIOUS CYCLE. I can just imagine the three of us going around the house in a poo flicking circle. omg. :rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I dealt with this forever with my puppy mill rescue. He was impossible to train the first few years. There are tablets they sell for pretty cheap that you put in their food.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, thanks! Shredded pineapple, MSG, and pills. ... One of them has to work. RIGHT? lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts