Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if TOTW High Prairie has recently changed formulas? I have been noticing that all 3 of the dogs have started getting horribly bad breath in the last month or so. Just wondering if anyone else feeding this same food has noticed this as well.

I have also noticed that the food seems to have a difference odor when I first open the bag as well. This is what initially made me question whether there might have been a change.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
What is the meat in High Prairie? I read that in one of the foods that uses duck that TOTW was having trouble getting enough duck so they were going with meal rather than the actual duck meat.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
TOTW changed all formulas several months ago, it could be that your supplier just started getting the new stuff. The kibbles are smaller than they were, and there is a bit of a different odor. Other than that I havent noticed much difference.

·
Silver VIP Member
596 Posts
I'm still on an bag for last month. I'll be buying a new bag soon, but I haven't seen any changes. I hope they haven't changed...

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the meat in High Prairie? I read that in one of the foods that uses duck that TOTW was having trouble getting enough duck so they were going with meal rather than the actual duck meat.
High Prairie is the Bison so no duck or foul of any kind.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Bison and Venison are the first two ingredients and they are whole meats not just meals. I never heard anything about the duck changing.

I noticed Crash having bad breath but I havent had him more than 3-4 months now so I figured it was just the food in general.

I have not heard anything about a change in ingredients and I would hear about it asap being I work for a shop that sells it out the rear and gets demo reps in every other month. Could be old news though.

I give Crash Dogs Well breathies-duck flavor-for his breath and they work out great!

I do notice that some of the bags at work smell like potato chips.

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
I haven't noticed or seen a difference.. the girls dont have bad breath but its not my favorite either lol. the girls breath smells like dog food right after they eat, but thats about it.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hm, well then I guess I will have to scout out the yard to check and see if there is something out there they are getting into. They don't spend a lot of time outside but I suppose there could be something there.

Thanks for all of the input guys and gals :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts