Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have to say thank goodness I am always cautious about my dogs being around or trying to interact with other dogs. My boy has always done okay with dogs he knows (closely supervised at all times of course), but we don't chance it with strange dogs at all. Other dog owners of different breeds have always told me I was ridiculous for not letting him have "fun" with other dogs, and that if he was going to have a problem it would of happened before now. Well that is definitely not the case! My boy is now almost 6 years old and just recently started showing signs of dog aggression...Just a reminder to take precautions, it can happen at any age.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Yup, I've always kept a close eye on my dogs when interacting with other dogs. Loki was fine with our neighbors golden pup until the pup was about a year when he was still acting like a pup in an adult body. They were certain that the boys were fine but Loki would start to stiffen around the golden and pull his ears back. I explained that I would rather not risk their boy getting injured and they understood. It's important to know your dog and understand their body language.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I totally agree...It is very important to understand and be aware of your pups body language, it allows me to stop something before it starts between my two when they are playing.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts