Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so from what I heard is that the American Bulldogs were created because the Olde English Bulldogs were going extinct and then Allen Scott & John Johnson went out all over the south looking for Bulldogs and then they breeded them, am I correct ?....and does the ABD have Olde English Bulldog blood in them and didn't Scott & Johnson mix APBT with American Bulldogs ?

·
Rather be hunting/fishing
401 Posts
Good question, maybe someone will answer.

Though I would suspect the bull&terrier was mixed and not necessarily the APBT. Or working stock hounds. but that's just my speculation.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
American Bulldogs came from the same road as the Bulldog, APBT, AST, BT, etc.. Selectively bred catch weight Bulldogs.. In my opinion Scott type is far more solid of a hound, been that way for years where as the Johnson type is just in recent years becoming a solid, consistent Bulldog.. Perhaps the past 12 - 15 years or so on some private yards.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm guessing what ever Bulldogs that Scott & Johnson had found in the south only had a little bit of Olde English Bulldog blood left in them,so they had to mix other breeds into it to create what they wanted ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts